Do you love pets and love working in a fast-paced environment? Our growing company is seeking experienced warehouse associates to operate a forklift or reach truck to complete nightly replenishment assignments and support the fulfillment team by picking customer orders for full pallet quantity and oversize product. Our Pet Distribution team works together to supply our customers with the nation's top brands of pet supplies like Nylabone, Kaytee, and Aqueon. If you are dependable, responsible, and committed to safety, this may be the job for you!
Location: Central Pet Distribution Center in Algona, WA
Shift Details: 5 Day Work Week Monday through Friday. Night Shift starting at 4:30 PM until all work is complete. 8-10 hours per day average, overtime required. MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
- Process transactions utilizing RF technology and voice operated system according to bin location, part number, and/or product description.
- Inspect merchandise to ensure only quality product is being transferred to pick locations.
- Accurately review counts of all product transactions prior to system entry.
- Utilize pallet jacks, stand-up reach forklift where applicable.
- Keep area clean and neat at all times.
- 1+ year related warehouse experience
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to read and write legibly in English, carry out oral instructions in English, count and do basic math.
- Stand-up Electric forklift experience, and RF scanner experience required.
- Ability to lift and move up to 60 pounds, safely, with or without accommodation.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
BENEFITS PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PROGRAMS:
- Work is conducted in a warehouse environment with temperature changes depending on the season.
- Working with or near conveyors depending on assignment
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with 3% company match and annual profit-sharing bonus!
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discount on Pet supplies, cell phones, movie tickets, gym memberships, and more!
- Education Assistance
- Referral Program with cash bonus
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.