Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Maintenance Tech II
for our multi-family portfolio of properties, with 2+ years of industry experience. Responsibilities
Responsible for executing maintenance requests by diagnosing problems and making repairs in order to maintain the physical condition of the community according to operating and safety standards and to ensure that service requests and repairs are made in a timely manner. Reports To:
Supervises: Essential Job Functions:
- Sr. Maintenance Manager / Maintenance Manager / Maintenance Supervisor
- Class A:
- Ability to paint / spackle, HVAC (clean coils, change filters), plumbing (pull toilets, replace all parts, snake all sanitary systems), assist tech 3, and handle turn responsibilities.
- Diagnose and perform basic repairs and maintenance in areas including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, major appliances, plumbing, carpentry, building maintenance, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, masonry, and painting/wallpaper.
- Class B:
- Ability to paint / spackle, HVAC filter changes, plumbing (pull toilets, change seal, snake lines), work with Tech 3, and assist with turns.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a timely manner.
- Assist with organizing and prioritizing service requests and general maintenance tasks.
- Perform turnkey work per maintenance manager.
- Maintain company customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issue is resolved.
- Apply all applicable EP policies and procedures such as, but not limited to company operating and safety standards. Promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
- All other tasks or duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- May supervise the work of other associates and outside contractors.
- Must maintain professional appearance including adherence to dress code as required.
Posting ID: 614689498Posted: 2021-05-04Job Title: Edge