Wheels is a last-mile, shared electric vehicle platform changing the current landscape in last-mile mobility. Our products range from a shared rental marketplace to personal ownership and anything in between. We are a low-cost, energy-efficient way to get from point A to point B… and then some.
The Recovery team works in the field using technology to help monitor, maintain, and recover missing bikes across cities. It is a hands-on role where team members manage a broad set of responsibilities based on the dynamic day-to-day patterns and usage of vehicles in our cities.
As a Recovery team member, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring the health of our fleet and in bringing safe, reliable rides to users every day.
This is a full-time role hired directly with Wheels that will be based out of our Austin Warehouse. We also have part-time positions available! We operate 24/7 and have multiple shifts available – morning, afternoons, and nights.
We hope you're ready for the ride of your life.
What You'll Do:
- Drive a company van and use mobile applications to locate missing bikes
- Relocate found bikes to recommended parking areas
- Work both independently and collaborate with teammates
- Talk to people in the community to gather information on where our bikes could be located
What You'll Need:
- Valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record
- Experience using mobile apps
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds
- Flexible schedule and able to regularly work on weekends
- Ability to self-manage and also work well in a team environment
- Experience driving a cargo van or other large vehicle for work purposes.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Prior related experience (such as micro mobility or mechanic experience) may be eligible for senior roles
What We Offer:
- Direct Employment – You’ll work directly for Wheels and not through a temp agency
- Free Wheels rides!
- Ability to scale with a rapidly growing start-up with opportunities for advancement. Wheels is growing rapidly and we love promoting from within!
- As a full-time employee, you’ll get access to our full-time benefits and programs – some listed below
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - Accrued Vacation
- 401k Program with T. Rowe Price
- Health Insurance – Wheels will contribute up to 75% of your monthly insurance rate premiums for select Medical, Dental, & Vision plans
- Medical (Kaiser or Anthem Blue Cross), Dental + Vision (Guardian)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) + Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 100% covered Life Insurance up to $50,000 for all eligible employees, along with Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Stock Option Packages. We want our employees to be owners!
Covid-19 Safety Measures:
Our team is committed to ensuring the safety of our customers and employees. As a result, we will be enforcing guidelines based on CDC recommendations.
- All warehouses work areas/stations are separated by at least 6 feet
- Hand washing/sanitizing stations located at each entrance and throughout the facilities
- PPE equipment (mask, gloves) will be provided for each team member
- Team member temperature checks prior to shift with forehead thermometers
- Work areas/tools/vans are sanitized before and after each shift
- All inbound and outbound devices at our warehouse are sanitized with disinfectants and UV wands
At Wheels, we strive to build a workforce of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company but as individuals. Wheels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.