Department: Back of House Operations
Reports to: Job Group Manager, General Manager, or Manager on Duty
Typical Work Week: 25 – 40 hours
The line cooks and prep cooks primary responsibility is to ensure menu items are prepared to guest’s order specifications and finalizes plate presentation, adhering to all safety, sanitation, and food handling guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Ensure menu items are prepared to guest’s order specifications.
· Finalizes plate presentation.
· Displays depth of food knowledge.
· Knowledge of cooking procedures.
· Able to work in a high pace and hot environment.
· Able to prepare food according to food handler’s guidelines.
· Label and date all food stored & Rotate food as needed
· Able to do repetitive work.
· Follow opening and closing procedures.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
· Physical ability to lift 50 lbs.
· The physical ability to balance heavy items.
· Stand and walk for long periods of time.
· Previous restaurant experience highly preferred.
· Able to communicate with Prep Cooks & Wait staff.
· The ability to stay calm and work efficiently under pressure.
· Knowledge of equipment and able to report to managers when something is broken or needs repair.
· Be able to self-motivate in work environment
· Keep a clean, stocked and tidy workspace.
· The ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The work the line cook does is physically and mentally demanding. They are on their feet much of the time. Line cooks must work well under pressure and exercise tact and patience when dealing with Back of House and service staff.
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk with heavy items (up to 50 pounds). The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific sensory abilities required by this job include sight, taste, smell, and hearing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to raw meat, moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, hazardous materials, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $18.00 per hour