Allied Lube is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Automotive Service Manager
This position supports the efficient operations of the store by managing overall daily
operations of a service center in accordance with Allied Lube & Jiffy Lube Policy and
Procedures, to ensure optimum performance, inventory, cash, and labor control, and to
maximize profitability. Also, to ensure the image of service center and its employees is
maintained, while exceeding our customer's expectations and protecting company
- Reports for duty on time, ready to work, at assigned work location, on a daily basis.
- Is on premises to direct and manage the location 50 hours per work, additional hours as necessary.
- Consistently maintains personal work schedule to include completion of store closing duties at least two evenings per week and does not include personal days off on Friday, Saturday or Monday unless pre-approved.
- Successfully completes all required training for the position.
- Successfully recruits, hires, trains and manages quality employees and ensures all employee documentation is timely and accurately completed and submitted.
- Assigns work schedules and tasks to store employees so that labor guidelines are consistently met.
- Ensures all employees clock in and out accurately and in full compliance with law
- Ensures that downtime is managed effectively so that training, housekeeping, maintenance and landscaping duties are accomplished within regular hours of
- Consistently insures employees follow all Allied Lube policies.
- Monitors employee activities, offering coaching for high performance as needed.
- Maintains an Open Door Policy per Allied Lube policy
- Communicates performance expectations and results clearly and consistently.
- Ensures proper staffing, training, and employee development to insure proper
utilization of personnel and turnover is minimized.
- Actively pursues opportunities to provide informal rewards and recognition for
increasing performance and employee satisfaction.
- Consistently and timely addresses employee performance issues following
Allied Lube policies and procedures.
- Actively engages in marketing activities as determined by Marketing to increase
- Obtain and maintain State Inspection certification so that the Manager and any other assigned employee conducts vehicle inspections in full compliance with State, Federal, and Allied Lube rules and regulations.
- Positively interacts with customers so that a high level of customer service is
- Insures that complaints are quickly resolved and no complaints are elevated above the store level.
- Consistently enforces the execution of JTSS standards.
- Accurately and timely performs bank deposits by 12:00pm the following business
day (Monday through Saturday).
- Consistently insures the maintenance of the building, all equipment and grounds.
- Accurately and consistently conducts inventory management activities to include:
- Conducts accurate weekly inventory audits and end of month inventory
- Accurately orders, receives and maintains control of all inventory
- Conducts proper processing of pay out for inventory purchased from local
vendors, according to Allied Lube standards
- Understands Cost of Goods Sold for all store activities.
- Consistently insures the safety of employees, customers, visitors, and vendors
- Consistently wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), leading by example, as well as enforcing the use of PPE with all employees.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and consistent application of all safety and
environmental policies to include;
- Lockout/tag out procedures
- Use of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) sheets
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) plan
- OSHA and EPA resources compliance
- All Allied Lube Policies & Procedures
- Immediately follow Allied Lube Policies regarding on the job injuries/accidents, insuring these incidents are reported by the end of the workday in which the incident occurred.
- Performs other duties as required.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to move about the
building. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Normal or corrected sight and hearing ability required.
- Ability to ambulate to various parts of the building including down into the pit.
- Ability to bend and stoop.
- Walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work effectively with frequent interruptions.
- Climbing in and out of various vehicles.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate required hand tools, mechanical tools.
- Requires consistent work schedules of 50 hours per week.
- Ability to lift 25 - 50 pounds regularly.
I have reviewed and understand the job requirements.
We offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement