Veterans United is a 20 barrel (bbl) production brewery and taproom located in the southside area of Jacksonville. We are looking for a highly motivated, high-quality person to assist with our production operations.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- MUST be a “self-starter”: a high-energy driven individual who shows a high degree of initiative.
- MUST have good communication and time management skills.
- MUST be mechanically inclined.
- MUST demonstrate problem-solving skills and the ability to know when additional assistance is needed.
- Ability to work and communicate well with supervisors, staff, customers, and outside parties.
- A positive attitude with the desire to learn, grow, and take on increased responsibility.
- Be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Willing to go above and beyond when needed to help out the team
- Being a military veteran is a plus.
Brewery Tasks and Expectations (training will be provided):
Help carry out the day-to-day operations of the brewhouse, cellar and packaging areas.
- Assist with regularly scheduled cleaning and maintenance of all brewhouse, cellar, packaging and pilot system equipment.
- Assist with the production process on VU’s production system.
- Participate in all packaging operations which includes box building, lid coding, can labeling, keg filling and working on the canning line.
- Operate brewery equipment to maintain acceptable inventory levels of raw materials, brewing supplies and finished beer.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
- Troubleshooting equipment problems as they arise.
- Ensure consistency and a high level of quality in the production of the company’s beers.
- Keep brewery clean and well-organized.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and offer input to continuously promote and improve a safe working environment.
Industrial setting with frequent exposure to the following:
- Moving mechanical parts and equipment.
- Wet and/or humid conditions and vibration.
- Common brewing industry chemicals and gases.
- Fumes or airborne particles.
- Loud noises.
Physical work setting:
- Ability to work on your feet for hours at a time in an uncontrolled (hot/cold) climate.
- Ability to climb stairs, fit into tight spaces, and work on ladders and lifts.
- Ability to move freely, including, but not limited to, walking, bending, kneeling, crawling, climbing, etc.
- Ability to lift 55 lbs. from ground to shoulder height, move kegs, and operate forklift/hand truck.
Weekend or evening work, as needed to meet the demands of the brewery’s schedule of operations. Starting and end times may vary depending on the brewery’s schedule.
This position is part-time and the pay is commensurate with experience.
Highly motivated candidates should email their resume AND cover letter to email@example.com.
Veterans United Craft Brewery is a veteran-owned and operated craft brewery located in the Southside area of Jacksonville. The brewery was founded in 2013 and began production in the spring of 2014. We are a distributing production brewery with a 20 bbl. brewhouse and six 40 bbl. fermentation vessels. The brewery operates a taproom and special events room for on-premise retail sales.
Our beers are distributed in cans and kegs in several regions of Florida and can be found in major retailers such as Publix, Winn-Dixie, Total Wine & More, ABC Fine Wine & Spirits, Broudy's, etc.
Posting ID: 615231317Posted: 2021-05-05Job Title: Production Assistant