Transforming the future of healthcare isn't something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we're using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you're ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that's committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Title: Business Systems Analyst, Enterprise Customer Care
Overview of Position
The Enterprise Customer Care (ECC) Business Systems Analyst will assist the ECC team by understanding the organization's operational and technical needs required to build and support an enterprise class customer service Portal. This will include the deep understanding of business systems, technologies, and processes with varying complexity. The Business Systems Analyst is involved in planning, organizing, and developing detailed analytical studies to define problems, identify deficiencies and improve solutions which impact the organization's effectiveness, and provide the basis for issue resolution. This will include significant integration with platforms such as CRM, communications, etc. The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for executing the system definition and design processes within the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). They collaborate with users to define business requirements for system enhancements and new functionalities to implement new capabilities and/or achieve process improvements.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Conducts interviews to gather new requirements autonomously; employs facilitation techniques as needed to discuss requirements with clients and users; uses specific group and collaborative methods for collecting requirements
- Identification, mapping, and documentation of key Portal components with a heavy focus on APIs
- For complex requests/projects, leads or performs analysis of business and user needs, constructs requirements documentation, translates requirements into proper system requirement specifications, and reviews requirements and specifications with internal and external stakeholders
- Defines quality attributes and/or develops basic test scenarios to support unit and functional testing
- Communicate the business directives, goals, and needs to the technical team and serve as business interface from the enterprise's operational management team, managing expectations and defining business satisfaction metrics
- Understands legal aspects of information systems, i.e. HIPAA, SOX, PHI, Medicare Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
- Applies general industry and regulatory compliance knowledge to the benefit of the business
- As directed, the BSA will participate in an agile development team, ensuring features and functionality requested by users align with business goals for the product, particularly as goals and products evolve over time, as well as ensuring the right information is available to the engineering teams, with the right amount of detail, and at the right time
- Conducts requirements peer reviews; evaluating clarity, conciseness, comprehensiveness, and appropriateness of specifications
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing business services policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed and makes recommendations in these areas
- Guides the design, development and documentation of system process workflows and various implementation activities that deliver business solutions required of the business
- Assists the organization's business operations staff in developing content or other materials
- Recognizes, manages, or fulfills urgent or escalated issues
- Within the scope of strategic/corporate initiatives; elicits requirements, creates documentation, manages risk, and works with the project manager to determine prioritization
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5+ years of professional experience in a technical and analytical role, preferably working with digital platforms such as Adobe within the healthcare industry
- 1-3 years working with digital sales and/or servicing platforms with high transaction volumes
- Two to five years of project or team lead experience
- Education: Master's/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Good understanding of writing user stories/acceptance criteria that meet INVEST criteria utilizing Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and the Gherkin Methodology
- 2-5 years supporting digital platforms as a Business Systems Analyst with significant integrations with commercial platforms
- 1-3 years driving requirements for Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions
- Ability to work effectively with resources in multiple locations
- Experienced in Agile methods, processes, and tools
- Knowledge of common SDLC phases, deliverables, and processes
- Experience in identifying requirements, conceptualizing solutions, and defining business process flows at a sufficient level of detail for developer implementation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Outgoing and inquisitive personality who can work independently
- Proven ability to be effective and adaptable in response to frequent change and ambiguity
- Experience with the US Healthcare system
- CSPO, CSM or PMP certification
- Experience with EMR/EHR systems a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships across a large, cross-functional team
- Ability to manage team dynamics without impacting project timelines
- Experience using SQL to query databases
- Ability to read C# would be helpful
- Tools: Jira, Confluence, VISIO (or other similar tool), wireframing tools (i.e. Balsamiq), Postman
How much should I expect to travel?
This role may require limited travel in the US. Estimated 10-20% potential.
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.