Production/Value Add Technician
This employee works in any of the value-add positions including sorting, repack, organic, bagging, and tomato line, adding customer value to the product.
Essential Job Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Exhibit a sense of urgency to complete work in an efficient manner.
- Repack full cases of product into smaller/larger case sizes while performing quality checks on the product to assure customers satisfaction.
- Sort and perform quality checks on products to be repacked into boxes or into bags.
- Load product onto the production line and stack off cases.
- Palletize finished units of product onto a skid.
- Perform tomato culling if applicable.
- Track and record data.
- Print labels if necessary.
- Qualify to and drive a fork truck or pallet jack if required.
- Clean workstation, bagging area, and perform general cleanup as required.
- Receive training as assigned.
- Work together as a team and perform job duties to customer specifications.
- Miscellaneous other duties as assigned.
- Follow Customer Specifications to provide product Quality “Do it Right the First Time on Time.”
- Follow all food safety, personnel safety, and quality assurance guidelines. No accidents, no recalls.
- Follow Company Plant Rules and Policies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Capable of lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Able to Read, Understand Instructions from Customer Specifications.
- Able to see colors and sort products by size, color, defects, labels, etc.
- Willing to work together in a Team Environment.
- Must be able to read written instructions and understand verbal commands.
- Must pass Drug Screen, JPA, and Background Check.
- Must work together in a Team Environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 16 years or older
- Drug screening
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Reads English
- Speaks English
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Able to comfortably lift 40 lbs
- Willing to wear face mask
Posting ID: 615699778Posted: 2021-04-21Job Title: Production