Req ID: 113914
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Specialist to join our team in Plano, Texas (US-TX), United States (US).
At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here. NTT DATA, Inc. currently seeks a "Maintenance Specialist" to join our team in "US".
7+ years experience in major and minor repairs of Datacenters
7+ years experience in building repair and HVAC
7+ years experience working producing records and maintenance reports
• Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex repair and preventive maintenance of buildings, industrial systems, electrical and mechanical equipment. Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance.
• Operates and maintains watch over various central plant, air conditioning, heating, and building equipment, refrigeration compressors, engine generators, circulating pumps, fans, etc., either directly or remotely from a Building Automation System.
• Performs unplanned repairs, and adjustments, as well as, regularly scheduled preventative maintenance according to a pre-determined schedule.
• Conduct regular site walkthroughs and report any adverse conditions.
• Maintains inventory of equipment, records of equipment under warranty, tools, materials on hand and materials on order.
• Solicits bids for installation of new equipment and for repairs.
• Ensures all individual or contracted work performed conforms to local, state and federal regulations.
• Assists management in providing equipment requirements for NTT DATA including cost estimates, monthly expense reports and forecasting future requirements.
• May maintain documentation such as power diagrams, network diagram and physical space usage.
• Leads team in the achievement of project milestones and department objectives.
• 7-10 years' experience required in one or more of the following fields: industrial power/physical plant operations and/or maintenance experience involving boilers, industrial chilled water/HVAC systems, and/or chemical water treatment and purification systems or formal training in one of the following industrial trades: a. HVAC; b. Plumbing; c. Welding, pipefitting or millwright work; and/or d. Industrial plant operations and/or maintenance.
• Knowledge of operating characteristics and repairs of boilers, chillers, pumps and industrial heating and air conditioning systems.
• The ability to wear personal protective equipment as needed, but not limited to, eye/face protection, flame retardant clothing, foot protection, gloves, hearing protection and head protection, etc.
• The willingness and ability to work rotating shifts that includes nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as necessary and be subject to callouts, including response to emergency situations.
• Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports applicable to the industry
• Work standing all day.
• Lift 50 lbs. or more.
• Climb up and down stairs and ladders.
• Access remote work areas and confined spaces (i.e., crawl spaces, tanks, roofs).
• Use full range of manual dexterity (i.e., sitting, squatting, bending, kneeling, walking, and lifting).
• Insurable Driving Record.
• Knowledge of industrial utilities production and distribution. (Natural Gas, Electrical, Chilled/Heating Water, Soft Water, Compressed Air, Fire Protection, Diesel Fuel, Potable Water, Sanitary and Storm Sewer).
• The ability to read and interpret blue prints and use all types of testing equipment, analog/digital multi-meters, pressure and temperature indicating and recording devices, air flow measuring devices, and leak detection devices.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or trade school training.
• Prior knowledge of Mission Critical or Data Center environments
• NFPA 70E training/certification status.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
• Universal CFC certification required.
• Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, Building Automation Controls.
• Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Plano
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Consulting, Data Center, Technology