IES Custom Staffing is urgently seeking an Order Processor to fill orders in a fast-paced environment. This position will have you working weekends at a greenhouse in Jerome, ID.
This is a full-time seasonal position.
Pay is $9.80 an hour.
To pull correct, quality plants in a timely manner.
Order Processors report to the Order Processing Team Leader.
- Fill customer orders – Starting at top of pick list.
- Check off what you are getting BEFORE, not after, you pick the product up.
- Keep a pick list in the designated area (Do not carry it around with you.)
- Select quality plants.
- Select plants in the correct flat/container size.
- Prepare flats, which have cups that are full, not missing plants.
- Select quality baskets.
- Groom flats/baskets of old bloom, yellow leaves, etc.
- Verify that products are properly tagged.
- Select full blooming flats/gallons and baskets.
- Place flats on tin lizzies, load from bottom up – adjust shelves accordingly.
- Fertilize baskets (Small hand full of feed) before watering. (Mid-April for feed)
- Verify count/adjust pick list for deletions.
- Water all products if dry (otherwise, will be watered in loading barn)
- Sign pick list and place on tin lizzie with customer name and count showing.
- Write on pick lists any concerns of crop quality, etc. Sales team/production manager will be informed.
- Keep your area clean, picked up and weed free.
- Keep cups in flats when taking gout to make good ones. Don’t leave lying around.
- Notify the Order Processing Team Leader of any cart/lizzie/trailer/facility repairs and maintenance that may need to be addressed.
- Periodically rinse lizzies for unwanted debris, etc.
- Any other additional duties needed to be performed.
Measurements of Performance:
- Quality product delivered to the load area is attained.
- Order ready in a timely manner.
- Ability to identify various flats/cup/ container sizes grown within a reasonable time frame.
- No lost time accidents.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Standing, sitting, bending, lifting approximately 20 pounds, carrying with both arms, approximately 20 pounds, pulling baskets down from overhead.
- Climbing ladders, loading trailers/lizzies, ability to push loads above 50 pounds, (trailers/lizzies).
- Ability to perform repetitive movements for up to 10 hours.
- Ability to identify plants/colors/tags.
- Able to hear and understand instructions.
- Basic mathematics, ability to read, learn plant varieties/memorize locations of various plants.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
Inside a greenhouse regulated with exhaust fans and heat or an outside growing area with exposure to conditions of nature, including wind, rain, snow, cold temperatures, hot temperatures, sun, etc. Temperatures can vary greatly. Chemicals such as insecticides, fungicides, and growth regulators are being used. This is a non-smoking work area. You are responsible for dressing/protecting yourself appropriately for these varying weather conditions.
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Posting ID: 616518538Posted: 2021-05-05Job Title: Order Processor