The cook is responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards, and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for the appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud. Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Cooks will be expected to perform a variety of duties, including but not limited to those listed below:
- Preparing high-quality food items for our customers utilizing methods such as grilling, steaming, and frying.
- Following company recipe and presentation guidelines to meet or exceed guests expectations
- Coordinating food orders to support timely and efficient delivery to each table
- Ensuring proper food safety and sanitation standards to ensure guest safety
- Meeting special customer requests while ensuring same high-quality standards
Production. Preparing portions and food items while:
- Set up kitchen before opening
- Follow recipe guidelines to meet or exceed customers' expectations
- Prep food
- Portion food
- Stock the alley and line with items needed to complete orders on time
- Ensure proper food safety and sanitation standards
- Shuck oysters
- Peel shrimp
- Set up soup station
- Clean dishes, silverware, glassware, utensils, pots, and pans, etc.
- Stock and restock supplies
- Break down and clean the kitchen, mats, and equipment at closing
- Sweep, spray and mop floors
- Maintain sparkling clean restrooms, kitchen, and parking lot (pick up debris and sweep when necessary)
- Make orders
- Check-in deliveries
- Label and date food for freshness rotation
- Put away deliveries
- Filter and dispose of grease
- Take out trash
- Report to work on time in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Maintain adherence to all Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as directed by management.
- Report to required meetings.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Work Environment
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, steamer, mixer, and chef's knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, and fire. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls, and burns.
Frequent hand washing is required. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long working hours and frequent weekend and evening work. Travel
No travel is expected for this position.
Requirements Competencies and Skills
1. Collaboration Skills.
2. Customer/Client Focus.
4. Stress Management/Composure
5. Multi-task oriented.
6. Organizational Skills
7. Basic mathematical, reading and writing skills.
8. Excellent communication skills (including asking for clarification on tasks, policies and
9. Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
10. Must have good command of the English language, both oral and written.
11. Must be attentive.
12. Must report to work when scheduled and on time with a positive attitude.
13. Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
14. Must complete ServSafe Food Handler training. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push
and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and
visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.