The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager of the restaurant in establishing and maintaining customer service. The position is responsible for the various tasks involved in the overall operation of a store including measuring business trends, maximizing sales/profitability by developing staff and by controlling expenses, shortages and all aspects of sales, merchandising and inventory control.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Coordinates efforts between the front of the house and the back of the house.
• Coaches, counsels and discipline employees on performance, service and attendance issues.
• Ensures that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a customer friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of
customer service. Report any customer complaints to General Manager as well as District Manager.
• Maintains all merchandising standards, display presentation, signing standards and monitor inventory levels.
• Plans and assigns daily goals, tasks and assignments. Assure proper completion through follow-up.
• Maintains adherence to all Company policies and procedures.
• Manages all accounting tasks including management of funds (count drawer in the morning, take deposits to the bank, take cash out from servers, balance funds at closing), receiving (check in shipments and put away), inventory (place orders) and payroll (figure labor yield and percentage and communicate such to the District Manager).
• Any other duties as assigned by General Manager.
• Report to required meetings.
Competencies and Skills
• Problem Solving/Analysis.
• Leadership and Initiative
• Teamwork Orientation.
• Customer Focus/Attentiveness.
• Time management and organizational skills.
• Stress Management/Composure.
• Advance mathematical, reading and writing skills to complete documentation and forms.
• Intermediate computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Dropbox, Cloud-based Software, POS system), and ability to operate office equipment (computer, fax machine, scanner, printer, phone).
• Must have good command of the English language, both oral and written and must be able to communicate with upper management, fellow employees and customers, including asking for clarification on tasks, policies and procedures
• Multi-task oriented.
• Knowledge of workplace safety procedure.
• Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a restaurant including ladders.
• Ability to freely access all areas of the restaurant including selling floor, stock area and register area.
• Must report to work when scheduled and on time with a positive attitude.
• Must complete ServSafe Food Handler and Responsible Vendor training.
• Must be of legal age according to State regulations to serve alcohol.
This position manages and is responsible for the leadership of non management employees of the restaurant.
This position operates in a restaurant setting. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slips, trips, falls and burns. Frequent hand washing is required. The hours of work vary as business dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time; walk; stoop; crouch; kneel; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long working hours and frequent weekend and evenings work. The Assistant Manager must be able and willing to perform any and all duties of a Host, Bartender, Server or Kitchen helper at any given time, and any other duties assigned by the General Manager of the restaurant.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Education and Experience
1. State applicable health and/or alcohol compliance training.
2. High school diploma or GED.
3. Prior experience working in a restaurant.
4. Experience in the customer service industry.