To demonstrate genuine hospitality and deliver exceptional customer service in the bar area, by consistently mixing, garnishing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks according to company specifications for customers at the bar and in the restaurant
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Maintain complete knowledge of Shrimp Basket food and beverage preparation, menu and specials.
2. Take orders for alcoholic (age 21 and over) and non-alcoholic beverages and food items.
3. Prepare orders for alcoholic (age 21 and over) and non-alcoholic beverages.
4. Able to use a computer to ring orders into a POS
5. Refill drinks as requested by customers.
6. Able to accept different types of payment and make change.
7. Able to interact with customers, management and co-workers in a friendly/fast manner
8. Must be able to pass Responsible Vendor; Service of Alcohol test with a score of 90% or better (Alabama stores only)
9. Check identification of guests to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age and notify manager
10. Observe guests behavior and assist if over indulge has occur (i.e. offer a taxi)
11. Treat customers with respect and always strive to exceed customers' expectations
12. Helping customers be aware of and choose menu items, suggestively sell food and beverage items, taking orders and making customers feel taken care of during their visit
13. Keeping the bar stocked (beer, wine and liquor) and clean while always providing friendly and attentive service
14. Maintain a clean work station
15. Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
16. Maintain adherence to all Company policies and procedures.
17. Other duties as directed by management.
18. Report to required meetings.
Competencies and Skills
1. Customer Focus.
2. Communication Proficiency.
3. Organizational Skills.
4. Stress Management/Composure.
5. Time Management.
6. Must be of legal age according to State regulations to serve alcohol.
7. Basic mathematical, reading and writing skills.
8. Excellent communication skills (including asking for clarification on tasks, policies and procedures).
9. Multi-task oriented.
10. Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
11. Must have good command of the English language, both oral and written.
12. Must be attentive.
13. Must report to work when scheduled and on time with a positive attitude.
14. Must complete Responsible Vendor training program (where applicable)
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates behind the bar and may be working in close proximity to co-workers. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping and tripping. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Walk and stand during entire shift.
• Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
• Remain stationary for long periods of time.
• Frequently wash hands.
• Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Be able to manipulate fingers, hands and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry and wipe.
• Be able to hear and talk.
• Good close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus between the two.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long working hours and frequent weekend and evenings work.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. State applicable health and/or alcohol compliance training.
2. Must be of legal age according to state regulations to serve alcohol
3. High school diploma or GED.
4. Prior experience working in a restaurant.
5. Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, and familiarity with standard drink recipes.