40North Restaurant Group
is a company that is committed to providing an exceptional dining experience that is deep rooted in hospitality. Each of our distinctive restaurants connects with our Guests by creating a sense of belonging and community. The Manager is the first line of support for our Team Members ensuring that the team has an environment in which they can do their best every day developing strong working relationships to ensure our Guests are delighted with their dining experience. Taking care of our Guests means everyone associated with the restaurant leave a positive first and lasting impression where the flawless delivery and execution of service excellence is paramount. The entire Management team is the face of 40NORTH in our communities and serves as key ambassadors in delivering on our values and promises.40North Group offers great benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off and more!SUMMARY DUTIES
The Manager with limited supervision, is responsible for the daily operations of the restaurant, including bar, host, servers and bussers, including the facility appearance and presentation, Guest experience, professional leadership and direction to all Team Members including expeditor for back-of-the-house in addition to managing profit and loss cost centers. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Participates in meetings by communicating a clear and consistent message regarding the restaurants goals to produce desired results.
- Monitors Team Members to ensure performance expectations are met, as well as providing guidance, leadership, direction to staff.
- Continually increase sales and profits through implementing 40NORTH service strategy.
- Performs bar and kitchen line checks to ensure quality and food safety.
- Works with the General Manager to set goals and priorities for the restaurant and is held accountable to achieving them in the timeframe allotted.
- Assists General Manager in Team Member scheduling using the Hot Schedules scheduling tool.
- Will coordinate delivery through 3rd party delivery providers such as, Door Dash, UBER Eats, and other providers used by restaurant.
- Communicates to Chef any issue regarding food quality and service levels.
- Ensures compliance with all restaurant policies, standards and procedures.
- Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
- Interacts with Guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels, and supervises staffing levels to ensure that Guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Familiar with Guest service platforms, such as RESY, YELP, TRIP ADVISOR and will assists in reviewing Guest satisfaction results with Team Members. Strives for 5-Star Ratings.
- Meets and greets Guests in a manner consistent with the 40NORTH Guest Service Standards.
- Develops strong community and public relations by maintaining restaurant participation in local and regional promotional events.
- Serves the Guest by understanding and anticipating their needs and exceeding their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to 40NORTH.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Four-year degree in hospitality, culinary, or relevant industry preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in polished casual restaurant, with minimum of six (6) months in managerial role.
- Prior experience using HOT SCHEDULES/4th for Team Member scheduling and sales/labor forecasting, preferred or similar systems.
- Familiar with using HRIS systems such as PayCom and MICROS/Symphony and able to read excel reports.
- Strong math, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and able to work around restaurant kitchen equipment, be able to lift up to 40 pounds and walk up/down stairs
- May be required to work a 50-hour work week, must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Posting ID: 616964579Posted: 2021-04-19Job Title: Restaurant Manager Service