Responsible for receiving product and ensures that aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean and delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is provided. 50% or more of the job includes manual labor.
- Ensuring proper customer service and works to develop relationships with large customers.
- Supervising all activities in the Seafood Department including product placement, rotation, signage, and displays. Is responsible for overall department appearance, cleanliness, and adherence to both government and corporate ordinances. Must maintain records as required. In the role of Seafood Manager, he/she will oversee the Assistant Seafood Manager (if applicable), Seafood Supervisors (if applicable) and Stockers to assure that the Seafood Department is operating in a manner that adheres to company standards.
- Reviewing inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensuring that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervising the receiving of all seafood products and ensures that the proper paperwork is completed.
- Maintaining accurate computer inventory levels by having physical inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintaining refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervising the ordering of seafood products from vendors on a regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Making sure all the employees in the department can work the equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinating that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper block and date tags.
- Following program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets and cleaning underneath.
- Performing weekly self audits of the Seafood Department.
Shift start: 7:00AM
Shift length: 9 hours
5 days/week, must be available any day
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free membership.