The Assistant General Manager assists the General Manager in all areas of restaurant operations to ensure success, including safety and security, personnel management, hospitality, quality, service, cleanliness, human resources and financial results.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in the supervision and direction of employees to ensure a safe and secure environment is maintained.
- Supervises shifts and directs managers and employees to deliver guest hospitality, ensure quality products are made and delivered, executes on service standards and maintains cleanliness standards.
- Manages employee performance by assisting in the selection of employees, training, communicating, delegating to employees, supervising work and providing feedback.
- Provides input to the General Manager on hiring, disciplinary action, and termination of employees in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintains financial controls primarily through sales growth, labor, liquor and food cost control, as well as other controllable cost areas.
- Assists in creation of food, paper, and beverage orders.
- Assists in sales forecasting and employee scheduling.
- Supervises and directs an employee staff of up to 40+ per shift.
Other Job Functions:
- Completes and files daily and weekly paperwork, banking and cash procedures and maintains office organization. Analyzes reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Assists employees as needed in product preparation and serving of guests.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state laws and standard operation policies.
- Participates in all required training programs, marketing programs, and new store openings.
- Conducts daily employee meetings.
- Resolves all guest and employee concerns/complaints in a prompt and professional manner according to standards and policies.
- Must be able to lift up to 50# and perform all functions of Assistant Manager position
- Performs any and all other tasks as assigned by the General Manager or Upper Management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and minimum of 21 years of age
- Customer service oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse staff and guest base effectively
- Certified in all employee positions, both kitchen and front of the house.
- Completed MIT program through internal development or possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience in another restaurant as management.
- Availability to work all shifts necessary to operate a Butterbee’s; Hours varies depending upon work efficiencies and other job demands.
- Basic computer and accounting skills
- Serv-Safe certification preferred; must be certified with-in 6 months of hire or promotion.
- Posses a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance proof required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 18 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
Posting ID: 617293800Posted: 2021-04-12Job Title: Assistant Manager