The American quick lube industry provides more than 100 million oil changes every year from over 10,000 standalone locations. Within this industry, there is one dynamic growing company that stands out from the rest -- Team Car Care, dba Jiffy Lube, the largest franchisee of quick lube retail service stores in the country. Operating more than 550 Jiffy Lube locations from coast to coast, and serving nearly 5 million guests each year, with over 4,500 professional service advisors, Team Car Care's mission is to be the most trusted car care company in the nation. We strive to do this by exceeding guests' expectations with consistent "Signature Service" delivered through our organization of friendly, knowledgeable and professional teammates. Our values guide all of our actions and include respect, integrity, teamwork, trust and excellence.
Team Car Care is trusted by consumers and recognized by the industry as the best place for quick, professional vehicle care within the neighborhoods we serve. Our company is committed to leading the quick lube industry with safe, clean, and attractive facilities; well trained and courteous staff; respect for the environment and recycling; and providing the highest quality products and important vehicle maintenance services to ensure we are the first choice of every consumer.
As a strategic partner, the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) aligns business objectives with employees and leaders in a consultative approach to HR related needs and issues. Provides HR expertise in the areas of employee relations, training/facilitation, consultation, coaching, workforce planning, and performance management, seeking to develop integrated solutions. Utilizes judgment and experience to perform a variety of complicated tasks.
* Partners with Store Managers/District Managers/Regional Vice Presidents to provide guidance, establish, implement, and support business objectives. Contact for HR services, support, counsel, and proactively builds relationships with business line leaders.
* Employs a consultative approach in developing HR solutions that support achievement of business objectives
* Partners with both operation and functional staff, effectively integrating HR plans as key elements of core business processes.
* Acts as a Company advocate, advancing corporate culture, while ensuring employees are being supported and represented in a fair and consistent manner.
* Supports the corporate Mission, Vision, and Values in their work and communications.
* Partners with managers to resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
* Coaches, counsels, and guides management on the execution of the performance management and disciplinary action processes.
* Coordinate the workers' compensation program by evaluating and driving remediation of workers comp claims at Company locations by designing and implementing strategies to reduce the volume and severity of claims.
* Maintains knowledge of legal requirements affecting human resources functions and ensures policies and procedures are in compliance.
* Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation to ensure consistency in the execution of policies and procedures. Identifies opportunities to make formal recommendations to HR leadership for changes to policies and procedures.
* Acts as a positive change agent, identifying opportunities and leading process improvements within the internal structure of the human resources department to increase efficiencies and assist others with driving the creation and implementation of corporate HR projects.
* Provides leadership, direction and coaching in the performance management process, identifying and acting upon potential improvements.
* Create, implement and continually evaluate talent management and succession planning processes.
* Proactively connects with new employees in the business unit to discuss their onboarding experience, reinforce culture and values, and assist them in networking in their new organization.
* Educates leaders on corporate HR policies to create understanding and consistency.
* Meets with exiting employees to discuss and document core issues and provides feedback to their leadership, and suggestions to reduce turnover.
* Works closely with local leaders and local employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and engagement.
* Creates a supportive investigation approach of employee issues that reflects a fair and balanced manner while aligning with business priorities.
* Ensures all Federal, state, and local laws, and corporate HR-related compliance matters are proactively addressed, including but not limited to ADA, EEO, Affirmative Action Planning, and FMLA.
* Supports Talent Acquisitions in staffing efforts locally or remotely, ensuring that all shops within your respective region is staffed properly.
* Partners with local leadership to create the best on-boarding experience possible for teammates.
* Creates development plans that contribute to the efficiency of the business This list is not inclusive of the total scope of job functions to be performed. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or modified at any time.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proven interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees
* Must have the ability to manage highly confidential information
* Effective problem-solving skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, email, internet, LMS, HRIS, time keeping and payroll
* ADP, ICIMS, HRIS Systems experience a plus
* Must be able to present, create presentations using Power Points to different levels of leadership or groups
* Has a consulting approach to HR, ability to influence
* Understanding of employment law and HR concept
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to operate in a fast paced, changing environment
* Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks
* Ability to build relationships quickly, establishing trust within the team
* Mandatory Requirements
* Minimum 7+ years progressive human resources experience
* Prefers retail, operational or business experience
* PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
* Works in an office environment and shop environment
* Must complete a 6 weeks training in store
* Required to do shop visits at least 3 days per week
* Travel 35% of time in respective markets, or support Regional Vice President as needed