We have an opening for a Parts Delivery Driver. You'll be a valuable part of our parts distribution team, ensuring quotas are met on-time while observing the highest standards of safety and quality. We are looking for a Parts Delivery Driver who is dependable, values teamwork, pays attention to detail, creates solutions, and want to advance and grow within TICO. This position will utilize computer software, pallet jack, and forklift to receive, organize, and issue parts and equipment at the Parts Distribution Center location. Provides requested inventoried parts and/or equipment to Fleet locations based on work orders and requests provided by the PDC office personnel. Delivery of parts and/or equipment to other locations requires Parts Delivery Driver to perform transport by flat bed truck or other vehicles. This position also performs a variety of warehousing, shipping, and receiving tasks. What we expect: Maintain an effective parts distribution operation to meet internal and external customer demand. Take ownership in organizing and cleaning specified work area in your department. Support and take the initiative to help other team members and departments as needed. Communicate with the Leadership Team when necessary. Support training and safety initiatives. Actively participate in continuous improvement activities. Report to work on time and ready to perform tasks. Opportunity for advancement based on your performance and leadership ability. Other duties as required.
Excellent Benefit Package: Health, Dental, and Vision insurance Basic Life Insurance; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance - TICO 100% sponsored Medical tax saving account options: FSA or HSA Voluntary Supplemental Insurances: Voluntary Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Employee Assistance Program - EmployeeConnect Travel Assistance Program - TravelConnect Life Value Adds - LifeKeys (Estate Guidance, Guidance Resources, Identity Theft education, Beneficiary Assistance) 401K plan with company match Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Paid Vacation available in 6 months Paid 7 Holidays Free Membership to Tickets at Work TICO is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of Terminal Tractors; with more than 5000 vehicles in operation around the world we are leading the industry in product innovation, new technology, and exceeding the expectations of our customers. Launch your career with TICO!
Essential Functions Utilize flat bed truck or other vehicles to deliver parts for repair and maintenance of leased terminal tractors, company-owned terminal tractors, trailers, adn other vehicles/equipment. Provide delivery documentation to Purchasing Agent, Accounting Clerk, and PDC Manager as required. Load parts for transport to other locations utilizing forklift when necessary. Properly secure load for transport to truck. Maintain required DOT certifications. Observe Company Policy/Procedures and maintain a clean and safe work area. Wear required personal protective equipment during the performance of job duties. Other duties as assigned by Management.
Experience Minimum 6 months to one year of related experience and/or training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Mathematics are frequently required to perform calculations using basic arithmetic. Accurately complete work. Basic computer skills. Good interpersonal and external communication skills are needed to work with other employees, management, customers, and vendors. Commit to a flexible schedule and prompt arrival for shift. Good problem solving skills Must be able to participate in Lean principles and continuous improvement activities.
Education and Certification High School Diploma or General Education Diploma Ability to obtain and maintain DOT certification. Ability to obtain OSHA certified forklift license (training and testing provided) Maintain all certifications required by OSHA and Company safety programs.
- Lift/Push/Pull- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Climbing- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Stooping- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching/Crawling/Reaching - Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performing mechanical tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
TICO is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of Terminal Tractors with more than 5000 vehicles in operation around the world. Manufacturing Facility in Ridgeland, SC. TICO is the industry leader in product innovations, new technologies, and exceeding customer expectations.
Our vision is to have the most competent workforce available. We are proud to provide excellence in our products and invite you to join our team. Position Expectations:
- SAFETY: Follow TICO General Health & Safety Rules, ensure safe operating conditions within area of responsibility, and notify coworkers and supervisors of hazardous acts and conditions. Proper use of PPE; use only defect-free equipment. Promote safety in department. Use proper lifting techniques and overhead hoist when needed. Maintain clean and safe working environment in line with 5-S Philosophy. Participate in hazardous communication training and safety meetings.
- QUALITY: Responsible for the quality of work. This requires defect-free work and understanding of the requirements of the company's quality system as it pertains to job duties and responsibilities. Must be able to check work to ensure conformance to process control instructions, specifications, and quality standards. Identify and segregate non-conforming product. Identify the need for and assist in initiating and implementing corrective and preventive actions when appropriate.
- FLEXIBILITY: Able and willing to work in other areas as needed. Must be flexible in taking lunch and breaks when workflow requires. Willing to work additional hours as necessary.
- INITIATIVE: Actively participate in continuous improvement of products and processes to better serve customers and improve the overall profitability of TICO. Actively seek out work in other areas when current assignment is complete. Make suggestions for improving product safety, quality, deliver, cost, processes and company profitability.
- TEAMWORK: Positive working attitude toward other employees; be a team player. Work with others constructively and abide by company policies and procedures. Working together as a team for continuous improvement is vital to ensure the future of TICO and its employees. Teamwork will be required to be effective in daily production assignments as well as special improvement projects.
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Attend and participate in a variety of meetings, training programs, and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to changes to equipment or process, new developments, requirements, procedures, and policies.
- LEADERSHIP: Lead the team, provide innovative thought leadership on strategies to grow market share, increase profitability, and meet long-term business goals.
- ACTION-ORIENTED: Enjoy working hard; is action-oriented and energetic; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seize more opportunities than others.
- CONFLICT MANAGEMENT: Step up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; read situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation.
- DEALING WITH AMBIGUITY: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- DRIVE FOR RESULTS: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the team member occupying this position. Team members will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisors and/or management as required. TICO reserves the right to revise or change position description job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment for any term.
TICO is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Note: Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, we aren't able to give status updates over the phone. Email notifications are sent out when the status of your application is updated.
Position: Parts Clerk Driver
Location: Ridgeland, SC
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: . Date posted: 05/10/2021
Posting ID: 617491025Posted: 2021-05-18Job Title: Parts Delivery Driver