ACERTUS is a nationwide automotive logistics company that is looking for motivated and assertive self-starter that can support all facets of our drive-away operations in BOSTON, MA.
We are currently looking to fill several Local Driver positions. The Local Driver is responsible for delivery/pick-up of client vehicles, supporting management in the daily drive away operations, from location to location.
This is a part time position up to 30 hours a week, 2-4 days per week.
Hours/Days of Operations at our Webster, MA location are Monday – Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
Why work at this company?
Fast paced environment.
$250 Referral Bonus Program.
Quarterly Safety Bonus Program.
Weekend work available.
• Knowledge of laws governing the operation of motor vehicles on public roads.
• Knowledge of how to operate vehicle(s) assigned.
• Considerable knowledge of safe driving practices.
• Knowledge of all delivery areas and alternate routes within the Los Angeles Metro area.
• Working knowledge of a smart phone and using apps
• Ability to make decisions and act on them appropriately.
• Follow detailed systems and procedures.
• Effectively communicate to management needs and concerns.
• Manage time to maximize productivity.
• Develop and maintain positive relationship with client, fellow staff members, and management.
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems satisfactorily.
• Communicate effectively with a diverse driver population.
• Anticipate the behavior, actions and reactions of other motorists and respond appropriately.
• Work accurately and efficiently.
• Handle the physical aspects of the job such as sitting/driving for long periods of time and working in a variety of outside weather conditions.
• Remain calm and poised in all driving situations.
• Communicating with people.
• Effectively working in a team oriented work environment
• Maneuvering assigned vehicle safely and efficiently in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
• Maneuvering assigned vehicle in narrow and restricted spaces.
• Observing or paying attention to details.
• Deliver a wide variety of vehicles from 50 to 200 miles radius, to different addresses and through different routes
• Follow routes and time schedule
• Prepare, inspect and operate a delivery vehicle
• Complete Condition reports
• Follow DOT regulations and safety standards
• Minimum 6 months of driving experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Pass a pre-employment drug screen
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must have a Regular License- We welcome Commercial Drivers
• May be expected to keep vehicle clean and presentable.
• Must be 24 years' old
• Smart Phone Knowledge
• We are 100% smoke free workplace
• Personal responsibility to manage change.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or GED equivalent.
• One to two years of experience driving
Applicants must pass all of the following pre-employment checks:
1. Background check
2. Drug Screen
3. Must have valid driver's license and clean Motor Vehicle Report
Posting ID: 617586028Posted: 2021-04-27Job Title: Driver Local