As a Porter, you will be contributing to the well-being of the day-to-day activities of the Environmental Services Department to assure our residents and patients have the best environment possible. You will assure that our residents, patients, visitors and employees have a clean, safe, and enjoyable environment.
· Stripping and waxing floors, burnishing and buffing floors, cleaning windows, using shampoo machines on furniture and carpets, maintaining cleanliness of housekeeping and nursing equipment
· Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, high dusting, furniture polish, pulling trash, and assisting with room moves
· Maintaining the cleanliness of the outer areas of the building, which include but are not limited to the parking lot, patio, loading dock, and entrance way
· Cleaning of common areas as well as resident’s rooms, offices, etc.
· Removal of trash & soiled linens
· Coordinate daily environmental services with nursing services when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas
· Assist with special events/party setup and breakdowns
· Maintain a good working relationship with fellow co-workers and supervisors
· Work in accordance with federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility
· Ensure that all equipment is always clean and in working condition
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
· Previous experience in cleaning hotel rooms, apartments, hospitals, nursing home / assisted living buildings.
· This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
· This job operates in a health care setting. This role requires regular walking to various locations around the care center.
· Incumbent may be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients and specimens in working environment.
· May experience traumatic situations, including psychiatric, and deceased patients.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
· The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up 50 pounds
· There is no travel expected for this position