Information on LG Energy Solution:
LG Energy Solution (LGES) is one of the world's largest lithium-ion battery manufacturers with a market-leading position in advanced batteries for grid-scale, residential storage and automotive applications. Our advanced lithium-ion battery technology is the product of accumulated experience in the development and production of mobile batteries and large format batteries for automotive and energy storage systems (ESS). LG Energy Solution's commitment to technology leadership coupled with efficient and high-quality manufacturing processes produces batteries that exhibit the highest levels of safety, performance and reliability. For more information about LG Energy Solution's ESS Battery, please visit www.lgensol.com.
Reporting to the Technical Operations Manager, the Technical Operations Specialist (TOS) operative will be responsible for field and remote/virtual technical support during battery system installation & commissioning, scheduled maintenance, and unplanned maintenance related to battery energy storage systems installed in North America. It is anticipated that the TOS will concurrently support multiple projects.
For the successful candidate, this is an opportunity to become a contributor to LG’s success in North America, with potential for growth in responsibilities as the Company’s technical operations organization expands.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be comfortable working within a relatively small North American regional organization with specialized technical and commercial support from LG’s Korea-based associates. Primary responsibilities of the TOS will vary depending on the operational status of the ESS but are expected to include, as a minimum, the following:
- Respond to daily inbound customer service call and e-mails in a timely fashion
- Update trackers and logs on a daily, real-time basis
- Follow up with customer service complaints and post RMA activities
- Communicate effectively with US and Korea-based Customer service and Warranty Service teams
- Communicate effectively and collaborate with Authorized Service Providers and subcontractors in a lead role
- Convey and report measurable results on customer service activities
- Maintain amenable demeanor with challenging and upset customer complaints
- Provide live remote technical support and/or training to customers as needed using remote/virtual tools such as cellular phone, WebEx, Microsoft Teams, and other similar tools.
- During initial system test, installation and commissioning, support of:
- Factory Acceptance Tests at system integrator’s facilities
- ESS installation at customer site (racks, modules, controls, cabling, containers, etc.)
- Commissioning and System Acceptance Tests
- Customer training
- In support of planned (scheduled) on-site maintenance:
- Routine maintenance
- Updating software
- Production of service reports
- In response to unplanned (non-scheduled) on-site maintenance/customer support:
- First-line response to visually inspect the ESS
- Undertake, with specialist support from LG HQ as required, basic system testing and troubleshooting to confirm the reported problem and identify the causal component/system
- If requested by LG HQ, make arrangements to replace any components/systems and forward failed equipment parts to LGESMI or LG in Korea
- Production of service reports and, where necessary, contribute to subsequent QA analyses
- Effectively represent the Company in all interactions with the customer including senior management, project management, technical and operations specialists.
- Coordinate post-installation support with LG’s project management team.
- Provide verbal and/or written project status reports to management.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in complex electromechanical assembly preferably in the energy industry. Experience with field installation and/or support of electromechanical equipment, especially energy storage systems or renewable energy products or systems, would be highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of AC/DC power.
- Familiarity with software programming tools.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, and presentation.
- Profiency in Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel, Word, and Powerpoint,
- Bachelors Degree (B.S. / B.A.) in engineering or a technical discipline from a four-year college or university required or equivalent experience
Posting ID: 617765327Posted: 2021-04-30Job Title: Technical Operations Specialist Ii