Assists the General Manager in managing the operations and staff of a Wendy’s restaurant, including the execution of all Company policies, procedures, programs and systems. Participates in the achievement of store objectives while following all Company guidelines. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws and ethical business practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with restaurant management team to meet sales goals versus budget and prior year.
- Participates in execution of national and local marketing programs and new product roll-outs.
- Identifies and communicates sales trends to General Manager.
- Manages food, labor and paper costs and other controllable expenses.
- Works with restaurant management team to meet profit objectives.
- Manages labor hours versus labor guide.
- Monitors food preparation, production and procedures execution.
- Monitors inventory levels and orders products.
- Identifies and communicates profit trends to General Manager.
- Ability to get along with staff and co-workers
- Ensures the execution of the restaurant’s overall Human Resources programs.
- Assists in processes crew applications and sets up interviews, checks references.
- Maintains an on-going system for the recruitment, development, recognition and retention of store management and crew.
- Manages subordinate store management and crew employees in a manner which maximizes retention and contributes towards achievement of turnover goals.
- Utilizes approved interviewing tools to identify qualified applicants who positively reflect Wendy’s image.
- Manages and resolves performance issues with subordinate managers and crew including counseling and disciplining employees using consistent practices and following company policies and state & federal laws.
- Notifies GM of all performance issues with crew; works with GM to manage and resolve performance issues with crew.
- Serves as a role model for all employees, trains and coaches subordinate managers in leadership, problem solving and other management skills.
- Contributes toward achieving store turnover goals & achieving staffing levels.
- Assist in conducting quality, timely performance feedback and performance appraisals for store crew.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Maintains a work environment in which employees are treated with respect and dignity.
- Follow open door processes.
- Follows all company policies & procedures
Quality, Service, and Cleanliness
- Ensures Sparkle certification is maintained by execution of Quality, Service and Cleanliness standards on assigned work shifts.
- Trains and executes all food safety procedures and ensures compliance with Health Department regulations.
- Interacts with customers.
- Notifies GM and ensures a timely resolution of all customer complaints.
- Utilizes service times to determine efficiency.
- Performs Manager Walk for all areas of the entire store when acting as the MIC, addresses and resolves any safety/ cleanliness issues
- Executes Crew Orientation and Training system.
- Executes specific training as requested or needed to resolve problems.
- Executes positional training and cross-training to achieve operating standards.
- Offers feedback, intervention and coaching to crew; initiates corrective action with crew as appropriate.
- Trains and utilizes established store standards and systems.
- Trains crew employees regarding operational changes and new products.
- Trains crew members in customer courtesy, how to maintain store cleanliness during shifts and how to respond promptly to customer needs.
- Performs responsibilities of the Safety Marshal, if appointed for the position
- Audits and reviews systems, checklists and work habits to ensure personnel are demonstrating desired behaviors.
- Ensures proper execution of Company operating policies and procedures.
- Anticipates and identifies problems and initiates appropriate corrective action.
- Contributes toward continual improvement in SOE, FSE and other store performance indicators.
- Utilizes approved uniform program.
- Executes store plans and store priorities as identified by GM.
- Executes Company policies and procedures for the control of cash, property, product and equipment.
- Execution of flow charts to ensure crew is meeting food prep and production goals.
- Monitors crew in cash and inventory controls.
- Complies with all safety and health standards and all applicable rules and regulations.
- Ensures safety of work environment during shifts.
- Reports accidents promptly and accurately; initiation of corrective actions as appropriate to prevent recurrence.
- Executes Preventive Maintenance Program and reports all maintenance problems in a timely manner.
- Completes all administrative requirements and reports.
- Manages employee files, payroll records, and other Company records in accordance with Company policies and legislative regulations.
- Analyzes and manages sales readings, build-to’s and targets.
- Develops and executes daily shift plan.
- Monitors and tracks of COT and training schedule.
*REGULAR ATTENDANCE IS AN ESSENTIAL FUNCTION OF THIS POSITION*
Performs all other job-related duties as may be assigned or required.
This job position has subordinate supervisors that report directly to him/her. They are Crew Leader, Shift Supervisor and AMIT. There are at least 30 employees who report to the subordinate supervisors and also, there could be as many as 18 employees on shift that report to this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Company’s operating systems and procedures.
- Company’s policies and procedures related to job responsibilities.
- Supervisory practices.
- Crew orientation and training programs.
- Federal, state and local employment laws.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Within 90 days of hire or promotion into position, must attend Crew Interviewing Workshop.
Must be Serve-Safe Certified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the functions of this job, the employee may be required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to figure, feel or handle. The employee may also be required to reach with hands and arms, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. At times the employee may be required to lift or lift up to 50 pounds. The employee may be required to drive an automobile to run company errands such as making bank deposits and picking up change, going to company training and company meetings, and occasionally borrowing or purchasing product or other items for the restaurant.
If driving for company business, the employee is required to maintain a valid state issued driver’s license and vehicle insurance coverage within the applicable state guidelines
Employee may be exposed to high heat from grill and fryer equipment and may be exposed to cooking oils and other materials typically used in preparing fast food products.
There are no special vision requirements for this job position.
Must be 18 years old or older
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Assistant Manager must be able to stand for long periods without a break and be able to travel to the bank, other restaurants the Area Office, etc. The noise level is usually moderate.