Location: Viera, Florida, , United States
Position Title: Licensed Veterinary Technician - VTS in Anesthesia
Company Name: Island Animal Hospital
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Island Animal Hospital is calling on all licensed veterinary technicians with a VTS or working toward a VTS in Anesthesia.We have 3 locations in Florida: Merritt Island, Viera and Cocoa Beach!
Our goal is to provide dedicated anesthetic management of patients and have an instructor for our 3 locations. We are seeking technicians who enjoy challenging and engaging anesthesia cases, have a desire to pass on their knowledge in the field, and are committed to acting as a team player. Those interested in pursuing a VTS in anesthesia/analgesia will be fully supported.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
* Complete pre-operative anesthesia planning
* Calculate drug dosages and administer pre-/induction medications
* Appropriately intubate and secure the airway
* Maintain an appropriate level of sedation or anesthesia with injectable or inhalant anesthetics
* Display competency in venous catheterization and patient instrumentation
* Display ability to learn arterial catheterization
* Display knowledge of mechanical ventilator function and ability to use ventilators of various types when appropriate
* Display ability to perform safe practice of locoregional anesthesia techniques
* Calculate and deliver constant rate infusions
* Interpret physiological parameters (heart rate, respiratory rate, end-tidal/inspired CO2, pulse oximetry, blood pressure, body temperature, basic ECG tracings) and decide if intervention is needed for correction. Must be able to communicate with supervising anesthesiologist or veterinarian if parameters are severely abnormal and require intensive intervention
* Perform basic recovery procedures (extubation, vital parameter monitoring) and to recognize when other interventions are required, such administration of sedation/analgesia, supplemental oxygen, or reintubation
* Assess pain and perform post-operative pain scoring
* Perform basic and advanced life support under the supervision of a veterinarian during a CPR event
* Anesthetize ASA Physical Status Class III
* Perform procedural checks and routine cleaning of equipment and reports malfunctions
* Desire to work after-hours/on-call shifts.
Why Island Animal Hospital?www.islandanimal.com
* It is inspiring to work in a company where people genuinely BELIEVE in what they are doing!
* We are committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
* Are caseload is growing!
* Our doctors are approachable and enjoy teaching.
* We work as one team; gone are the days of front vs back.
* We support each other on daily tasks as well as on a per client basis.
* You will hear, "How can I help?" daily.
* All three locations are accredited by American Animal Hospital Association
* We offer a long list of benefits including medical, dental, vision care, 401K, continuing education, uniforms, PTO, personal pet care discounts, Employee Assistance Program, etc.
Last but not least, look at the area in which you will be livinghttps://www.niche.com/places-to-live/search/best-places-to-live/c/brevard-county-f
If interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting ID: 617840850Posted: 2021-04-08