We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
Location(s): Bloomington, Phoenix, Richardson, Atlanta (+Remote)
About the Role
Internal Audit is looking for results driven individual contributor who will excel in a high initiative and high influence environment! The role offers the opportunity to work across a broad portfolio of technologies - emerging/open source, market leading, established, and legacy across the full-stack. Additionally, the role offers exposure to internal business partners through the executive leadership level. The ability to understand how technology and business processes work together to support State Farm's strategy is required to be successful. The right candidate must have strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in a team setting.
Day in the Life
* The Advisory Consultant will join a talented agile team of peers responsible for providing proactive advisory services to the organization with a focus on modernization initiatives, processes with substantial financial and compliance risk, and new operating strategies
* The individual selected will serve as a consultant to all levels of leadership acting as a liaison to positively influence project sponsors in risk management practices for business initiatives and the underlying technology
* This role includes the ability to demonstrate deep understanding of enterprise vision, modern processes, and conduct detailed testing to support control recommendations delivered to business partners
* A successful Advisory Consultant collaborates with others in Internal Audit to lead within less defined spaces and share the results of their work
* Occasional travel (10-20%) would be required to State Farm corporate & hub locations per business need.
Required Professional Experience:
* Masters or Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Business, or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)
* Recent work experience contributing to modernization efforts such as Data Governance & Modernization, P&C Modernization, Finance Modernization, or agent or other customer focused initiatives
* Demonstrated commitment to learning new technology/processes
* Understanding of risk, compliance, information security, and business acumen
* Demonstrated exceptional communication skills at all levels
* Familiarity with AWS platform and services, Salesforce, modeling and big data-related technologies
* Current on business applications, trends in IT, and experience evaluating/implementing new innovative IT solutions
* Modern development skills - experience with API management, continuous delivery (CI/CD), incident response, and/or penetration testing
* Professional certifications or working towards certification such as CISA, CIA, AWS, Azure, or Salesforce
* Relationship Building
* Critical Thinking
* Decision Making & Judgment
What You Can Expect
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; emplo yer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right®
Come join our passionate team!