SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunitiesas an Emergency Room Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We have anexciting opportunity for you to join Orange Park Medical Center, a facility that is part of thenation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCAHealthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the supportthey need. At Orange Park Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental,and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefitspackage truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offerinclude:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based onyears of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients'lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for adedicated ER Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
As a Registered Nurse in the EmergencyRoom, you are responsible to triage, assess and treat patients of all agespresenting for emergency care. We provide timely,compassionate care for patients with emergency and life-threatening conditions.Our range of services include everything from broken bone care to heart attackand stroke treatment. We are an amazing team that works hard tosupport each other. We are seeking a RN that has the same passion for patientcare as we do.
* You will documentpertinent nursing notes to reflect: change in condition, transfer and discharge
* You will administermedications in accordance with physician orders
* You will respond toand refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
* You will beresponsible for efficient throughput to include understanding and knowledge ofall care zones such as triage, rapid treatment area, carepath, pediatric ER,trauma, behavioral health, etc.
* You coordinate andtriage incoming ambulance traffic
* You manage care withprimary ED attending
* You are responsiblefor learning, understanding and use of the Emergency Severity Index 5-leveltriage algorithm
* You are responsiblefor responding to critical needs as well as serve as a resource nurse fortrauma
* You will demonstratethe ability to manage critical situations and make care based decisions.
* You will educatepatients regarding their medications, procedure and treatments, providingpatients and their families with support throughout their stay.
* Must be a graduate froman accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher isrequired
* Must be licensed as aRegistered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an activeCompact/Multi-State RN license
* A current AmericanHeart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) HealthCare Provider is required
* Current AmericanHeart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support(ACLS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months ofhire/transfer date
* Current AmericanHeart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Pediatric Life Support (PALS) ispreferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer date
* Previous emergency,pre-hospital or critical care Registered Nurse experience preferred
Orange Park Medical Center isa full service, certified Level II Trauma Center with 300 plus inpatient bedslocated in the heart of Orange Park, FL and just outside of Jacksonville, FL.This state-of-the-art facility provides top-notch medical care to Clay Countyand the surrounding communities for over the past 40 years. As part of theHCA Healthcare family, the largest healthcare provider in the world, OrangePark Medical Center provides the opportunity to develop your careeralongside more than 1,500 team members and 750 physicians on staff.Specializing in advanced robotics, open heart, maternity/delivery, pediatricand adult services and a dozen other major service lines, Orange Park MedicalCenter has grown from a small community hospital to a top healthcareprovider of choice in Northeast Florida for patients, staff and physiciansalike.
HCA Healthcare has been consecutively named a World's Most Ethical Companyby Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated$3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts,and other uncompensated expenses.
If youare looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth,we encourage you to apply for our ER Nurse opening. We promptly reviewall applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunityemployer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on thebasis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.