ACERTUS is a nationwide automotive logistics company that is looking for motivated and assertive self-starter that can support all facets of our drive-away operations in Antioch, CA.
We are currently looking to fill a Local Driver position. The Local Driver is responsible for delivery/pick-up of client vehicles, supporting management in the daily drive away operations, from location to location.
This is a part time position, up to 30 hours a week. Monday – Friday, 8am to 3:30pm (will vary on occasion based on work load) Why work at this company?
Fast paced environment.
$250 Referral Bonus Program.
Quarterly Safety Bonus Program.
Weekend work available.
• Knowledge of laws governing the operation of motor vehicles on public roads.
• Knowledge of how to operate vehicle(s) assigned.
• Considerable knowledge of safe driving practices.
• Knowledge of all delivery areas and alternate routes within the Los Angeles Metro area.
• Working knowledge of a smart phone and using apps
• Ability to make decisions and act on them appropriately.
• Follow detailed systems and procedures.
• Effectively communicate to management needs and concerns.
• Manage time to maximize productivity.
• Develop and maintain positive relationship with client, fellow staff members, and management.
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems satisfactorily.
• Communicate effectively with a diverse driver population.
• Anticipate the behavior, actions and reactions of other motorists and respond appropriately.
• Work accurately and efficiently.
• Handle the physical aspects of the job such as sitting/driving for long periods of time and working in a variety of outside weather conditions.
• Remain calm and poised in all driving situations.
• Communicating with people.
• Effectively working in a team oriented work environment
• Maneuvering assigned vehicle safely and efficiently in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
• Maneuvering assigned vehicle in narrow and restricted spaces.
• Observing or paying attention to details.
Requirements • Deliver a wide variety of vehicles from 50 to 200 miles radius, to different addresses and through different routes• Follow routes and time schedule• Prepare, inspect and operate a delivery vehicle• Complete Condition reports• Follow DOT regulations and safety standards• Minimum 6 months of driving experience• Excellent communication skills• Pass a pre-employment drug screen• High School Diploma or equivalent• Must have a Regular License- We welcome Commercial Drivers• May be expected to keep vehicle clean and presentable.• Must be 24 years of age• Smart Phone Knowledge• We are 100% smoke free workplace
- Personal responsibility to manage change