REPORTS TO: MANAGEMENT / ASSISTANT MANAGER
The Deli Worker greets and serves guests, prepares product, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately.
- Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
- Checks products in unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
- Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image. Understands and adheres to the 3-step method for cleaning.
- Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures. Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standard.
- Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
Education: Some high school or equivalent.
Experience & Skills: No previous experience required. Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.