Employer: Little General Stores
Position Overview: The Customer Service Representative is Little General's primary customer contact. They perform all sales transactions, make sure the store is properly stocked, and share in the duties of keeping the store clean and safe. Must be minimum eighteen (18) years of age to sell tobacco, lottery products and alcohol.
Position Classification: Full Time or Part Time
Position Reports To: Retail Store Manager and/or Assistant Manager
Minimum Education: Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
• Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry boxes and /or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds;
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time (95%), Sitting (5%);
• Ability to climb, balance, reach, grab, stoop, crawl, bend, and crouch for extended periods;
• Ability to use close, distant, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and visual focus.
• Ability to smell and identify odors;
• Ability to clearly hear and interpret voice commands and telephone communications;
1. Present a well-groomed, professional image at all times.
2. Have a positive attitude. Greet and welcome all customers with a smile.
3. Help customers locate product(s) whenever necessary.
4. "Upsell" related products whenever appropriate.
5. Record all sales on cash register and collect payment. Provide correct change if required.
6. Understand all approved payment systems and transaction processes.
7. Understand and strictly follow state laws regarding lottery, alcohol and tobacco sales.
8. Promote enrollment and participation in all Loyalty Programs. (Plenti, BP, etc.)
9. Closely observe property and report any suspicious activity to the Manager on duty.
10. Monitor gas pumps to prevent "drive off" theft. Report all occurrences to Manager on duty.
11. Report any malfunctioning equipment or systems to the Manager on duty.
12. Stock coolers and shelves to ensure products are available and properly priced.
13. Maintain sanitary conditions in all food service areas to meet local health standards.
14. Actively participate in cleaning and maintaining a safe store.
15. Adhere to Locked Door policy if in effect.
16. Understand and be able to execute all security and emergency protocols.
17. Report any customer accident or injury the Manager on duty.
18. Understand and adhere to all Little General corporate and handbook policies.
19. Report any problem to the Manager on Duty.
20. Complete Daily Shift Report at the end of each shift.
21. Other duties as may be assigned.