GDIT is your place. You make it your own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Cloud Platform Team Lead joining our team to support the mission of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) in Rockville, Md.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Cloud Platform Team Lead supporting NIAID, you will be trusted to provide strategic direction for critical enterprise hosting infrastructure and cloud initiatives. You will lead a team of thirteen innovative and savvy people who are responsible for engineering and expanding a custom PaaS in AWS and working closely with researchers and product owners to develop custom products. You’ll lead efforts to automate and streamline our operations and processes, and further the adoption of DevOps best practices. To be successful in this role, you will be an experienced leader who makes convincing, evidence-based decisions. You will devise clear roadmaps to innovation and are comfortable thinking strategically and diving deep; a dynamic and adaptive leader who can identify opportunities and leverage the team to translate them into effective solutions. In this role, a typical day will include:
• Engaging with product development teams and product owners to identify opportunities for new managed cloud services for hosting and deploying custom business and scientific applications, making customer engagement a priority. • Leading projects for your team such as breaking down monolithic applications into a microservice architecture and shifting them to the cloud or designing a dashboard to display cost and trend data for cloud spending. • Providing leadership to your team through motivating and mentoring team members, inspiring them to deliver quality work in an agile environment, and managing individual team members goals and addressing performance issues.
• Managing and developing new offerings for a service portfolio that includes a custom PaaS hosted in AWS, a DevOps consulting service for collaborating with researchers and product owners to design cloud hosting options in AWS, and a new service offering built around AWS Organizations and AWS Control Tower that provides more freedom and responsibility for product owners in a governed and compliant AWS account.
• Taking ideas and concepts and visualizing them in ways such that they are communicated effectively to your peers and leadership to further our digital transformation and contribute to our commitment to continuously improve the infrastructure and cloud services we provide. • Engineering and leading on-going efforts to develop standardized and compliant cloud infrastructure services for self-service consumption such as Docker Images, RDS Aurora, and Email using AWS Simple Email Service (SES).
• Leading a morning stand-up and team meetings, coordinating priorities for your team, and addressing any roadblocks the team encounters. WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• BA/BS or equivalent work experience and eight years related experience
• Years of relevant experience
o Minimum of four years experience building and leading a team that develops and delivers next-generation cloud and DevOps technologies. o Skilled in coordinating projects between disciplines and across organizational boundaries.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
• Technical skills
o Minimum of three years experience with AWS services. Examples include commonly used services such as EC2, S3, Route 53, and RDS, as well as more niche services, such as Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Organizations, and Guard Duty.
o Technical understanding and experience with infrastructure as code and automation/configuration management using either Cloud Formation or Terraform to define infrastructure standards for cloud services.
o Technical understanding and experience with a wide variety of technologies to host container services and registries, continuous deployment and continuous integration services, code repositories, and security vulnerability identification for cloud infrastructure. Example technologies include AWS ECS, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, GoCD, AWS ECR, Artifactory, Twistlock, and Netsparker.
o Experience analyzing solutions components, understanding systems integration challenges, and identifying technology gaps in current components that must be resolved to reach future performance targets and functionality requirements in cloud infrastructure. • Ability to get and maintain a Public Trust security clearance level
• Preferred qualifications
o Good understanding of programming languages such as PHP, Python, Perl, and/or Ruby.
o Experience breaking down monolithic applications into microservices and hosting them in Docker containers. o Experience designing and implementing technologies following NIST standards, such as SP 800-53, SP 800-190, and SP 500-291.
Posting ID: 618595600Posted: 2021-04-16Job Title: Platform Team