We are Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD), a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets, where you’ll be part of a diverse global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet.We are seeking a professional engineer to assume a key role within the Low Voltage Power Products Department. (LVPPD)Do you enjoy power converter design?Do early-career engineers come to you for technical guidance?Do you have a strong desire to work on projects that are critical to the defense of our nation?If your answers are yes, we are looking for you to join our team. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a comprehensive relocation package.JOB DESCRIPTION/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, analyze, simulate, and test power conversion circuitry potentially utilizing any standard power conversion topologies (non-isolated and isolated) with the main emphasis on board mounted power end use applications.
- Architect circuit card-level power schemes and develop related requirements.
- Guide Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel through PWB layout of power circuitry and technical drawing creation.
- Perform design work within the bounds of a given schedule, and sometimes define the schedule.
- Present reviews of technical data to program leadership and technical staff, and guide junior engineers in honing this skill.
- Note: This position can be a Sr. Electrical Engineer II or Principal Electrical Engineer based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE/ATTRIBUTES
- Must have professional design and analysis experience with linear converters, and one or more of the following non-isolated converter topologies: buck, boost, buck-boost. Must also have robust conceptual familiarity (professional experience preferred) with any two of the following isolated converter topologies: flyback, half-bridge, full-bridge, forward, push-pull. Conceptual familiarity and experience must include stability.
- Must have simulation and test experience with one or more of the following non-isolated converter topologies: buck, boost, buck-boost.
- Must have conceptual familiarity (professional experience preferred) with transformer and inductor design considerations in power electronics circuits.
- Must have conceptual familiarity (professional experience preferred) with EMI Filter design.
- Must have professional design and analysis experience with analog electronics, including at least two of the following: FET/BJT logic level, op-amp, high/low/bandpass filters, clock/data termination, and comparator circuits.
- Must have conceptual familiarity (professional experience preferred) with performing circuit card assembly-level power architecture trades, including power converter specification development experience.
- Must have professional experience guiding Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel through PWB layout of power circuitry and technical drawing creation.
- Must have professional experience with designing to meet concerns of adjacent disciplines, such as thermal, structural, mechanical, reliability, and quality.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University, with a minimum of 6 years of professional experience. Accredited Mathematics and Physics BS degrees may also qualify with relevant experience.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense issued Secret Security Clearance.
- Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, be able to function in a dynamic environment, and have good time management skills.
- Must have strong teaming skills, and good communication skills.
- Must be customer-focused.
- Conceptual familiarity (professional experience preferred) with digital power electronics design, analysis, simulation, and test. Includes familiarity with embedded systems architecture and firmware development for digitally controlled power supplies.
- Conceptual familiarity (professional experience preferred) with wide bandgap devices (SiC, GaN) in power electronics designs.
- Experience with performing circuit card assembly-level power architecture trades, and/or with system-level power architecture trades, including power converter specification development experience.
- Professional experience with circuit simulator SIMPLIS, system simulator SABER, and/or analysis tool Mathcad.
- Professional experience with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, and/or Hyperlynx.
- Experience with acting as a liaison between program and functional management.
- Experience with military specifications.
- Design experience with voltages > 400V and/or power > 10kW.
- Professional leadership experience.
- Experience with program management tools such as Earned Value.
- Experience with proposal development.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posting ID: 618703203Posted: 2021-04-13Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer