This position is for early career individuals who have less than 2 years of professional experience and have graduated or will be graduating within 18 months from the time they apply. Overview:Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets where you’ll be part of a global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet. We are the world's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems. In fact, we've produced over one million missiles in our history. Military forces in more than 50 countries look to us for a high-quality product portfolio that includes missiles, smart munitions, projectiles, kinetic kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. We are able to accomplish this feat because our employees live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems. We know that a diverse company is a strong company. The people of Raytheon Technologies come from different backgrounds. We value our different perspectives and styles of tackling the world’s most complex challenges and toughest threats. Through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), our employees are empowered to impact business results, build professional networks, advocate for causes that matter to them and contribute to their local communities. Diversity of thought is critical to the future of innovation. We leverage these unique voices to generate solutions toward a united and singular purpose: to define the future of aerospace. Job Description:The Electrical Products Team (EPT) is responsible for the design, test, manufacture, and support of advanced electrical subsystems (target detection, target tracking, guidance, navigation, signal processing, and communication) to be utilized in extreme battle-field environments. The Common Electronic Products (CEP) department is currently searching for an Electrical Computer Aided Designer (ECAD) entry-level engineer to work as an Electrical Engineer.
Responsibilities include:The ECAD designer is responsible for creating and documenting the characteristics of a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design from conception to manufacturing. This process includes library part creation, schematic capture, component placement, routing, gerber / ODB++ file creation, and all documentation using the Mentor Graphics and BluePrint toolsets. In addition, the ECAD designer will be responsible for interfacing with the electrical, mechanical, and producibilty engineering disciplines to ensure that the overall design requirements are captured and accomplished. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment. Required Education/Skills:
- Requires a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) degree. Must be either currently pursuing degree or degree must have been granted in the last 18 months.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. 3.0 cumulative GPA desired.
- PCB layout experience.
- Experience or understanding of circuit manufacturing principles that affect circuitry and component layout.
- Experience working with mechanical components and being able to understand and interpret drawings as they relate to PCBs and CCAs.
- Experience with the electrical design process and laying out Rigid, Flex, and/or Rigid-Flex PCBs.
- Capable of achieving alignment and collaboration between various disciplines in order to achieve organizational and programmatic objectives.
Location: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round. Benefits:
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, prioritize multiple tasks, motivate self and others, and collaborate in team environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm. ***Please upload a copy of your most recent undergraduate and graduate transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume. ***
- Student Loan Repayment Contribution Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posting ID: 618703382Posted: 2021-04-13Job Title: Aid Designer