The licensed registered nurse is a professional nurse who is responsible and accountable for providing evidence-based clinical care to designated patients utilizing the nursing process. This is accomplished by assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating care according to established ethical/cultural codes and standards of nursing practices and working collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams to achieve patient outcomes. The registered nurse is responsible to delegate tasks appropriately to other licensed and unlicensed health care team members.
Demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with all patients, families, visitors and other employees regardless of cultural background.
- Utilize the nursing process with regard to the care, counseling, and health teaching of the ill, injured or infirm to develop and implement a plan of care for each patient. Determine appropriate nursing interventions to meet each patient outcome. Ensures the plan of care provides for the maintenance of health and prevention of illness. Incorporate into the patients’ plan aspects of cultural sensitivity, diversity, and non-discriminatory terms and approaches.
- Maintain current skills, knowledge, and competencies in area of specialty. Utilizes evidence-based practice, research, clinical judgment, and nursing skills based upon the principles of psychological, biological, physical, and social science in planning and providing nursing care.
- Document care provided utilizing Epic, Patient Data Base, Patient Education Record, Care Maps, Progress Notes, Flow Sheets, and other forms as applicable and/or required. Documentation requirements may apply during downtime.
- Exhibit critical thinking and problem solving skills to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate care.
- Serve as the patient’s advocate.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the administration of medication and treatment as prescribed by physicians, dentists, or advanced registered nurse practitioners. Responsible for preparing and administering medications in the prescribed dosage, route, frequency and observing, recording, and reporting responses, untoward reactions, and side effects of drug therapy.
- Contact appropriate Management/Administrative Staff (chain of command) as any need arises.
- Observe and follow patient safety alerts by accurate and timely entry of patient information in the chart and or clinical documentation system
- Participate in unit based PI activities to positively impact patient outcomes. Monitor and evaluate quality of care with the focus on nurse sensitive indicators by identifying areas for improvement and assisting in developing action plans.
- Serve as a clinical resource to unit/department and to new associates.
- Know Patient Satisfaction goals and expectations to meet customer needs in a positive and professional manner. Exhibits excellent verbal and telephone communication skills with all customers.
- Assists with adherence to Joint Commission, state and other regulatory requirements.
- Supports in maintaining budget within established target by assisting with setting priorities, appropriately allocating resources, and completing charges.
- Supports the department and the organization’s financial and productivity goals. Maintains efficient time management and through adherence to time and attendance policy and completing duties within the defined shift.
Personal Growth & Competency:
- Maintains licensure/certification and completes all mandatory NetLearning modules, MID, leadership development education, in-service programs, and programs intended to enhance skills pertinent to assigned clinical area.
- Participates in unit/department/system committees/councils.
- Participates in community activities and professional organizations to enhance the visibility of the Healthcare System and to promote the positive image of nursing.
- Stays current related to unit/department/organizational activities, and policy.
Education, Credentials, Licenses:
- Graduate from accredited School of Nursing, licensed to practice in the state of Kentucky. Meets contact hour requirements for licensure, including all state-required courses. Focus of education promotes nurses’ ability to practice in clinical area assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of nursing theory, clinical practice standards, procedures, policies and competence in mathematical calculations associated with medication administration. Competent to independently perform safe nursing skills and procedures.
Kind and Length of Experience:
- Successful completion of preceptorship and orientation to the facility and clinical area. Able to critically think and problem solve in routine and emergency situations
Posting ID: 618928456Posted: 2021-05-01Job Title: Rn