INFICON is a growing, global, leading provider of innovative technologies that enhances productivity and quality in sophisticated industrial processes. The products provided by INFICON are world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement, and control and are vital to manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells, and industrial vacuum coating applications. INFICON is headquartered in Switzerland and has world-class manufacturing facilities in Europe, the United States and China with subsidiaries located throughout the world. This position will be located at INFICON's U.S. headquarters in East Syracuse, NY. For more detailed information about INFICON, please visit our website at www.inficon.com.
- Assemble, repair and rework assemblies efficiently with minimal supervision, while producing an output that is thorough and exact
- Assemble and test mechanical components using test equipment, fixtures, engineering drawings and operational method sheets
- Perform in a fast paced manufacturing environment, while maintaining high quality and on-time delivery
- Perform functional testing on products produced using specialized test equipment
- Support all areas of the production area as required
- Perform data collection effectively by using Microsoft Office products and current data collection methods
- Maintain inventory and perform transactions utilizing our inventory control system
- An Associate degree in Mechanical Technology or related field and 1 year of experience in mechanical and/or electrical assembly required. Will consider applicants that have a minimum of 3-5 years work experience in mechanical and/or electrical assembly in lieu of a degree.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail required.
- Must be capable of reading engineering drawings and assembly specifications
- Must have ability to use a variety of mechanical tools and use electronic test equipment (DMM, Oscilloscope, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated while remaining part of a close knit team
- Strong priority and time management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- SAP knowledge preferred
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive salary, discretionary bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Manual dexterity
- Computer Skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Organizational Skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posting ID: 618948639Posted: 2021-05-01Job Title: Mechanical Technician Assembler