Now Hiring Healthcare Heroes!
Join our amazing team and #workwithpurpose
- NEW WAGE SCALE -
Starting at $18/hr.
Increasing based on experience.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Schedule: 21 Day Rotation, allows for Fri, Sat & Sun off every 3rd week
Shift: Evening (2pm - 10pm) & NOC Shift (10pm - 6am)
Location: Avamere Transitional Care at Sunnyside - 4515 Sunnyside Rd. SE, Salem, OR 97302
As a CNA with Avamere, you join a team with a culture and mission to enhance the life of every person we serve. This is more than a job - it's a place where our team members build lasting relationships with patients and residents, their families, and fellow team members.
We are dedicated to keeping our team members and residents safe. Download our flyer that shows our protocols and response to COVID-19 here.
- Free meals to all employees
- Tuition assistance
- Mentorship opportunities
- Employee assistance program featuring free counseling services, financial coaching, legal services and more
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid time off/sick leave (rolls over annually)
- 401K retirement plan with employer contributions
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical coverage, voluntary dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term disability, and AD&D coverage
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide each of your assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan.
- Check each resident routinely to ensure that his/her personal care needs are being met in accordance with his/her wishes
- Review patient care plans daily to determine if changes in the resident's daily care routine have been made on the care plan
- Inform the nurse supervisor of any changes in the resident's condition so that appropriate information can be entered on the resident's care plan
- Assist resident's with daily needs, including preparation for activity and social programs, and transporting residents to/from appointments
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and foster a calm and cheerful environment
- Ensure residents' rooms are ready for receiving and help residents feel comfortable
- Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines
- Effectively communicate necessary resident information to charge nurses, director of nursing, and/or administrator
- Have a 10 th grade education or above
- Be a licensed certified nursing assistant in this state
- Have a passion for caregiving and enhancing the quality of life for our residents
Nestled in the capitol of Oregon is Avamere Transitional Care at Sunnyside, an 88-bed skilled nursing community. Their services include: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, long - term care, and respite care.
The American Health Care Association recognized Avamere Transitional Care of Sunnyside for quality care as part of the Quality Initiative Recognition Program
As part of the Avamere Family of Companies, the team is proud to be named one of Oregon's most admired companies by the Portland Business Journal as they continually strive to enhance the life of every person they serve.
Get to know more about Avamere Transitional Care at Sunnyside on their website
This position is subject to a collective bargaining agreement with the SEIU 503