Now Hiring Healthcare Heros!
Join our amazing team and #workwithpurpose
- NEW WAGE SCALE -
Starting at $20.15/hr.
Increasing based on experience
Certified Medication Aide (CMA)
Shift Type: Full-Time
Shift: Day & Evening
Schedule: Variable, as needed
Location: Avamere Transitional Care at Sunnyside 4515Sunnyside Rd. SE, Salem, OR 97302
As a CMA with Avamere, you join a team with a culture and mission to enhance the life of every person we serve. This is more than a job - it's a place where our team members build lasting relationships with patients and residents, their families, and fellow team members.
Find your calling at Avamere where we support you in your career path!
- Tuition assistance
- Mentorship opportunities
- Career development
- Free meals for employees
- Employee assistance program featuring counseling services, financial coaching, free legal services and more
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid time off /sick leave (rolls over annually)
- 401K retirement plan with employer match
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical coverage, voluntary dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term disability, and AD&D coverage
- Access up to 50% of your net earned income before payday
We are dedicated to keeping our team members and residents safe. Download our flyer that shows our protocols and response to COVID-19 here. Details
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist in the administering of medication to residents.
- Administer medications to residents as ordered and under the direction of the attending physician
- Administer medications in accordance with established nursing standards, policies, local procedures and practices, and requirements of the state
- Accurately and safely prepare, administer, and document the oral and/or topical medications ordered for a resident
- Complete necessary forms, charts, and reports in a timely matter
- Ensure all medications administered are properly labeled, returned, and reordered
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and foster a calm and cheerful environment
- Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines
- Effectively communicate necessary resident information to charge nurses, director of nursing and/or administrator
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a licensed Certified Medication Aide in the state
- Knowledge of the meaning and common medical abbreviations, symbols, and terms for medication administration
- Ability to accurately measure, record, and report vital signs
Nestled in the capitol of Oregon is Avamere Transitional Care at Sunnyside, an 88-bed skilled nursing community. Their services include: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, long - term care, and respite care.
The American Health Care Association recognized Avamere Transitional Care of Sunnyside for quality care as part of the Quality Initiative Recognition Program
As part of the Avamere Family of Companies, the team is proud to be named one of Oregon's most admired companies by the Portland Business Journal as they continually strive to enhance the life of every person they serve.
Get to know more about Avamere Transitional Care at Sunnyside on their website