Now Hiring Healthcare Heroes!
Join our amazing team and #workwithpurpose
Registered Nurse (RN)
Shift: Day (6am - 2pm) & Evening (2pm - 10pm)
Schedule: 4 on 2 off rotation
Location: Avamere Transitional Care at Sunnyside - 4515Sunnyside Rd. SE, Salem, OR 97302
As an RN with Avamere, you join a team with a culture and mission to enhance the life of every person we serve. This is more than a job - it's a place where our team members build lasting relationships with patients and residents, their families, and fellow team members.
We are dedicated to keeping our team members and residents safe. Download our flyer that shows our protocols and response to COVID-19 here.
- Tuition assistance
- Mentorship opportunities
- Career development
- Free meals for employees
- Employee assistance program featuring counseling services, financial coaching, free legal services and more
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid time off /sick leave (rolls over annually)
- 401K retirement plan with employer match
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical coverage, voluntary dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term disability, and AD&D coverage
- Access up to 50% of your net earned income before payday
The primary responsibility of this position is to implement and maintain established nursing objectives and standards, provide direct nursing care to the residents and supervise the day to day nursing activities performed by the CNA's.
- Implement and maintain established nursing practice objectives and standards
- Complete required recordkeeping while admitting, transferring, and discharging residents
- Coordinate with nursing staff and support personnel daily to plan shift services, programs, and activities to ensure the resident's total regimen of patient care is maintained
- Provide direct patient care to residents
- Prepare and administer medications and review medication cards for completeness and accuracy
- Review patient care plans for appropriate resident goals, problems, approaches, and revisions based on nursing needs
- Plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures necessary for providing quality patient care
- Supervise the day-to-day nursing and caregiving activities performed by CNAs
- Provide guidance and leadership to nursing personnel and make daily rounds of your unit to ensure staff are providing direct care in accordance with resident's care plan and wishes
- Develop and maintain rapport and employee culture with nursing staff, other department personnel, patients and residents, family members, and all other individuals involved in patient care
- Chart nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident and resident's response to care
- Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines
- Nursing degree from an accredited college or university
- Current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in the state of OR
- Knowledge of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care communities
- Experience with electronic medical records and computer documentation systems
Nestled in the capitol of Oregon is Avamere Transitional Care at Sunnyside, an 88-bed skilled nursing community. Their services include: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, long - term care, and respite care.
The American Health Care Association recognized Avamere Transitional Care of Sunnyside for quality care as part of the Quality Initiative Recognition Program
As part of the Avamere Family of Companies, the team is proud to be named one of Oregon's most admired companies by the Portland Business Journal as they continually strive to enhance the life of every person they serve.
Get to know more about Avamere Transitional Care at Sunnyside on their website