At Johns Manville, we protect our employees, families, customers and the world around us. We seek a team member who wants to help us protect today to ensure tomorrow. The Defiance, Ohio facility is hiring an Air Compliance Environmental Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining plant environmental programs to assure compliance with the facility's Title V air permit as well as other Clean Air Act and Ohio EPA air compliance requirements (i.e. MACT, NSPS, PSD etc.). In addition, you may be requested to assist with other environmental programs including RCRA, Storm water, POTW permits, and ISO 14001 conformance to assuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and company policies. As the Air Quality Environmental Manager, you will drive effective programs to identify and control air compliance activities at the facility. This position reports to the Plant Manager and will be part of the plant management team.
* Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements
* Collaborate with local management team to ensure the complex meets all local, state, and federal regulations and is properly permitted. Especially as it relates to Title V compliance.
* Serve as Complex expert in regards to the site Title V air permit and associated compliance plans, ensuring all reporting completed in an accurate, timely fashion and complex operations personnel understand and maintain compliance to the permit.
* Complete air compliance regulatory analyses for any new projects or other process changes at the facility
* Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the Complex to create a culture that prioritizes compliance to all Clean Air Act and Ohio EPA regulations.
* Review internal environmental policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate (including ISO 14001); conduct risk assessments and change existing, or develop new recommendations from these assessments.
* Responsible for the development of an annual budget recommendation and implementation..
* Assist in investigation of all incidents (i.e. deviations, malfunctions, etc.) and ensure proper records are completed and submitted. Assist in implementation of corrective actions as it relates to the incident and ensure proper procedures are communicated throughout Complex.
* Devise, supervise and coordinate training programs or media which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote environmental consciousness.
* Address specific reporting and record keeping requirements associated with the Title V permit as well as other pertinent regulatory compliance matters and to ensure Complex sites are in compliance..
* Stay abreast of current and emerging technical and professional aspects of this position.
* Conduct site audits
* Participate / attend industry related conferences as needed.
* This position manages subordinates and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of employees.
What You Bring to the Table:
* Bachelor's Degree in Environmental, Engineering or other related Sciences
* 7 or more years of experience managing environmental departments, practices, regulatory agency requirements and industry standards in a manufacturing environment.
* Title V experience
* Experience with reporting and record keeping
* Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
* Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel (advanced skills) and PowerPoint)
Applicants can expect to make between $79,000 to $109,000 upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition this position is eligible for a target incentive bonus under our variable incentive plan.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled