Get a job you'll LOVE! Iowa Premium, a National Beef Company in Tama, Iowa, is seeking to hire a qualified professional to join our team as a Fabrication Supervisor. With competitive pay and benefits, safe and stable work, and an environment that is caring and supportive, Iowa Premium could become your next career move! Apply Today!
Responsible for maintaining high production, quality, and yields while ensuring the safest working environment possible. This position requires an essential understanding and control of the production process, accurate record keeping, and general line maintenance and staffing.
- Provide leadership and operational direction to a group of hourly manufacturing associates.
- Oversees fabrication of product according to established production schedule.
- Ensure that all processing activities are in conformance with product specifications.
- Balances quality, productivity, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Adjusts manning at 'tables' to accommodate different products, ensures that proper product is being produced according to schedule and consistently monitors process to ensure that quality and yield standards are met.
- Conducts inspections, constantly monitors work area for cleanliness and ensures that product contamination is kept to a minimum.
- Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions. Assures that all employees follow company policies, procedures and established work instructions.
- Oversees training/ cross training of assigned staff, appraises performance and initiates discipline process.
- Accountable for ensuring that all health and safety policies and regulations are enforced, by issuing disciplinary actions. Performs accident investigations.
- Verifies labor hours and payroll report accuracy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a supervisor in a food manufacturing environment. Beef plant experience and bilingual Spanish and English preferred.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
Iowa Premium, a National Beef Company, is dedicated to being the premier supplier of premium family farm-raised corn-fed Black Angus beef. Our employees are key to our success. Come join our family!
Posting ID: 619170278Posted: 2021-04-20Job Title: Fabrication Supervisor