KELLY is seeking an experienced Project Coordinator
for a national employee-owned specialty contractor client that offers quality services and products to the commercial, industrial, and non-residential construction markets in Ashburn, VA.
- Performing quantitative takeoffs on construction projects.
- Establish labor productivities for estimate.
- Maintain positive relationships with area vendors for competitive material and equipment pricing.
- Responsible for the buyout of subcontractors, issue contracts and pro-actively sequence and manage the subcontractor’s work including billings and change orders.
- Create and implement job schedules, coordinate with field supervisors and foremen and effectively communicate issues to negotiate the optimal position for our trade in the work sequence.
- Perform labor control on assigned projects, including setup and maintenance; use this tool to adjust as necessary to maximize profits.
- Prepare RFI’s, submittals and shop drawings.
- Coordinate warranties and O&M’s.
- Complete and be accountable for the job cost control measures through monthly Financial Analysis Worksheets (FAW’s) on assigned projects.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing commercial construction projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Construction Science or comparable work experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Must have skilled knowledge of estimating techniques, software and databases.
- Sharp understanding of bidding process.
- Ability to visualize various building techniques.
- A clear understanding of how to read and understand specifications and drawings.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to learn new job skills by engaging in the technical aspects of the job and applying new skills as they are taught
- Customer service skills, such as able to work with customers and build strong relationships.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Motivated self-starter with strong work ethic and a willingness to take initiative.
- Works well under pressure and deadline.
- Experience working within the pharmaceutical or cleanroom semi-conductor industry is preferred.
- Experience with commercial construction is preferred.
- Experience with commercial interior construction, rigging and/or Clean-room scopes is preferred.
- Local to Washington DC metro is preferred.
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Posting ID: 619616735Posted: 2021-05-11Job Title: Project Coordinator Construction