Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:
Assists manager in supervising loss prevention and safety programs for a distribution center. Assists in enforcing policies and procedures relating to accident prevention, safety, health, environment, security, and fire prevention and protection. Assists with shortage program....Investigations internal and external.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in monitoring, reviewing and enforcing safety, health and environmental regulations. Ensures distribution center associates adhere to local, state and federal regulations, and notifies appropriate personnel when center is not in compliance or potentially is not in compliance.
- Assists manager regarding accidents including reviewing and following up on accident investigation reports and developing methods for preventing additional accidents.
- Assist manager in coordinating, monitoring and maintaining inspection records of fire protection equipment and in conducting monthly drills to maintain fire fighting readiness. Develops method for preventing fires and eliminating fire hazards.
- Supervises, trains, and reviews performance of loss prevention associates. Schedules, assigns and monitors the completion of assigned tasks.
- Assists manager in implementing and monitoring loss prevention policies and procedures in order to minimize theft, and assists in investigations in order to maintain a smooth work flow.
- Assists in managing contracted security officer performance and ensures their adherence to policies and procedures. Informs vendor agency of any issues or concerns and works in connection with vendor in order to facilitate resolutions.
- Participates in safety, shrinkage, and fire committees in order to assist manager in providing a safe and secure environment.
- Conducts risk assessments and provides feedback for physical security enhancements.
- Oversees daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly safety, shortage, security audit programs utilizing Wazauga. Creates new and improved audits which enhance current practices.
- Assist in designing and implementing Shortage Awareness Programs to be instructed to DC employees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Technical/Functional Competence
- Bachelor's degree in criminal justice or business administration preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the distribution or retail field.
- Three to five years of Distribution Center Loss Prevention experience preferred.
- Security Guard Card required. (California Only)
- Knowledge of environmental, safety, health and loss prevention practices and procedures desirable.
- Knowledge of OSHA and environmental rules and regulations.
- Effective written and oral communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of distribution center associates.
- Analytical ability to gather and interpret information and recommended solutions.
- Must maintain current certification in the following; 1) Basic First Aid, 2) CPR, 3) Oxygen administration, if applicable, and 4) Blood borne Pathogen.
- Successfully complete a detailed background investigation that may include the following; credit history, criminal history and motor vehicle driving history.
- Must be a person of integrity and possess the highest ethical standards.
- Bilingual - Spanish preferred
- 3rd shift
Loss Prevention Associates
Contract Security Guard Force
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.