Employment duration:Full time
As the GL Accounting Supervisor
, you will support the Controller in maintaining the general ledger and its supporting processes to ensure consistent and accurate recording of financial information. You will serve as a liaison internally and externally with matters pertaining to grants and asset management. In addition, you will provide oversight for financial management of grants and assets. Minimum Qualifications:
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration. Associate's Degree with 2 years of experience in basic accounting and general ledger transactions may be substituted for the Bachelor's Degree.
- 3 years of experience in bookkeeping and general ledger transactions.
- Grants related experience preferred.
- 1 year experience supervising a team preferred.
What we offer:
- Knowledge of basic Accounting principles and general ledger transactions.
- In-depth knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance requirements.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures related to grants.
- Ability to work with detailed data and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and solid decision-making.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel.
- Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Rewarding work with competitive pay.
- Best-in-class benefits package: 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays and more.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.At Farm Workers Clinic:
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Posting ID: 619944072Posted: 2021-04-30Job Title: Supervisor