Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. With endless opportunities, you can begin anywhere and go everywhere at Macy’s. Join a team of colleagues who are committed to excellence and leadership development. We want talent like you.
As a Celebrations Consultant, your focus is to support the celebration needs of our customers and leverage technology to drive enterprise wide selling that supports the Celebrations strategy. Your goal is to exceed performance metrics with an entrepreneurial mindset. You will drive enterprise sales by cross selling all merchandise departments to deliver sales goals and drive sales growth. You are focused on celebration customer acquisition and building strong client relationships. Your role is to provide an elevated and seamless customer experience through your expert skills in lifestyle selling, virtual selling, service & recovery. In order to expand your customer base, you are a collaborator who will develop key relationships with vendor partners, personal stylists in store, peers, as well as your local community. You embrace innovation and are comfortable communicating with customers via phone, email, virtual chat, virtual 1:1 appointments, virtual events and leverage new selling ideas and applications. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Drive and exceed sale goals by providing a personalized celebration experience based on individual customer needs.
- Drive customer acquisition through networking opportunities and leveraging your Social Media presence.
- Build an online presence to create awareness and promote the services and experiences you offer.
- Be an entrepreneur; make data driven decisions that will drive growth and understand your local market and customer base
- Partner with store team, vendors and community partners to develop and host incremental events virtually or in store to deliver increased sales
- Provide a high level of service based on customer preference by promoting goods, looks, and products that are relevant to your customer celebration needs.
- Leverage MyClient to nurture ongoing client relationships.
- Leverage selling tools and resources available to plan and forecast ahead. i.e. marketing calendar, volume drivers and sales trends, and the Client application for impactful and personalized outreach
- Host one on one virtual appointments as well as virtual events for continued customer engagement and sales driving tactics.
- Increase Customer Average Spend by cross selling throughout the store and online, leveraging product knowledge and providing expert advice to each customer.
- Attend Vendor trainings and development workshops as assigned.
- Leverage the Registry online portal, event checklists and registry tools including product and vendor knowledge to drive sales
- Deliver quality sales by leveraging the Gift Application and Activity Contact Tool (ACT)
- Drive sales through leveraging Registry perks including the benefits of Macy’s Loyalty Program
- Gain loyalty by selling Star Rewards
- Utilize technology and innovative selling tools to drive virtual selling initiatives that support your business by creating a compelling omnichannel experience for your customer.
- Meet regularly with the supervisor to inform them of your performance, goals and actions.
- Daily and weekly tasks include checking emails, appointment booking upkeep, customer follow-up, content development and social media posts, as well as duties as assigned.
- Role model the We Care mentality and create meaningful moments for your customers as well as your colleagues.
- Upkeep a clean, safe and inviting environment in alignment with our company provided standards & guidelines.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Tech Savvy
- Comfortable with Social Media and local Media opportunities
- Results oriented with excellent follow through and attention to detail
- Self-starter that takes ownership for developing a process and strategies to achieve goals
- Ability to understand each individual clients and registrants needs and tailor your approach to best assist each individual
- Create a positive and inclusive work environment. Collaborative and can-do approach
- Ensure all procedure, policies and shortage programs are understood and executed
- Possess an entrepreneurial/business owner mentality while taking a leadership role within the store. Partner with Store Manager and peers regularly to enhance event planning and execution.
- Perform as a store representative for all celebrations initiatives; sharing opportunities and actions with regional and central leadership.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Strong time management and responsibly allocates appropriate time to priority tasks
- Engaging conversationalist and active listener
- Demonstrates strong business acumen and regularly participates in store leadership meetings and visits
- Aminimum of 5 years in retail or other high touch selling position
Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team
Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting and constant communication with customers
- Requires working with multiple computer screens and programs simultaneously for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally required to move/reach, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Frequently lift/move up to 10lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.
Posting ID: 619944458Posted: 2021-05-16Job Title: Celebration Consultant