Business Overview and Culture
Camp Bow Wow® is North America’s largest provider of pet care services through premier doggy day, overnight Camps, and training. When you bring your pup to Camp Bow Wow’s state of the art facilities you can be sure your pet is in the best hands! Over 6,500,000 happy pets are served by Camp Bow Wow® values Premier, Extraordinary Care, Totally Fun, Service Focused while achieving the vision of Happy Healthy Pets, Happy Healthy People! We are also committed to improving the quality of life for pets all over the world! Learn more about our charitable efforts by visiting www.bowwowbuddies.com.
Camp Bow Wow® Saint Charles, MO is an independently owned and operated Camp Bow Wow® franchise. If you receive an offer for this position, you will be an employee of Camp Bow Wow Saint Charles, MO and not Camp Bow Wow Franchising, Inc.
About the Job
$11.25 an hour
Number of hires for this role
On-going until needs change
Camp Bow Wow is hiring Camp Counselors to work 20-29 hours per week at our dog daycare and boarding facility in St. Charles. Successful candidates MUST be available to work on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays and be available to work daytime hours Monday through Friday.
THIS IS A PERMANENT POSITION.
The Camp Counselor will be an extremely energetic and outgoing person. This person will work in all aspects of camp, may include customer service at the front counter, cleaning kennels, doing laundry, bathing dogs, cleaning up dog waste and monitoring the dogs in play areas. Personal growth opportunities including hourly rate increases and upward promotions. If you change jobs frequently, this is probably not the job for you.
· Monitor dogs in play yard.
· Maintaining a clean environment.
· Feeding, cleaning cabins, lifting heavy items.
· Constantly walking and interacting with dogs and team members.
· MAINTAINING A SAFE ENVIRONMENT!
· Provide excellent customer service.
· Managing schedules and appointments.
· Checking in and out dogs.
· Be active and attentive to dogs and pet parents at all times.
· The successful candidates will receive specialized dog behavior training and pet first aid training.
· Extremely energetic, outgoing, upbeat with a positive personality.
· Must be able to work at a fast pace, in a team environment, and have exceptional customer service skills!
· MUST LOVE DOGS - the noise, the hair, the messes, the love, and the smiles!!!!!!!!
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
· At least 18 years or older.
· Be able to lift dog food and supplies.
· Constantly walk and/or stand entire shift.
· Have reliable transportation
· Be reliable and dependable
· Sales: 2 years (Preferred but not required)
· OR Call Center: 2 years (Preferred but not required)
Hourly position. Must be able to work flexible schedule - Camps is open 7 days/week, sometimes as early as 5:30am to 7:30pm, weekends and holidays are required but time off is permitted with advance notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Camp Bow Wow Saint Charles, MO is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.