Cook/Chef – Part-time
Maplewood Senior Living, an innovative, forward-thinking senior living provider, strives to inspire our associates to learn, develop, and succeed. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a devoted and caring Cook to become part of our family.
Join us and explore a rewarding career where you can make a difference in the lives of seniors every day. We offer to all associates:
✦ Competitive wages ✦ Flexible shifts ✦ Paid training & uniforms ✦ Growth opportunities
Maplewood at Darien is currently hiring a Cook to join our culinary team on a Full-time basis.
APPLY NOW or visit our community, during weekly open interviews:
Maplewood at Darien, 599 Boston Post Road – Wednesdays, 10am - 4pm.
The Cook works directly with the Culinary Service Director and plays an integral role in planning and delivering an outstanding dining experience for our residents and guests
• Assists or prepares food items and serves food to residents within scheduled time frame
• Cleans and maintains food service areas, including kitchen and dining room
• Assists Culinary Services Director in maintaining inventory control
• Supervises servers in the absence of the Culinary Service Director
• Maintains clean, neat, and safe work environment
• Demonstrates knowledge of kitchen equipment including but not limited to: ovens, slicers, mixers, steam tables, steamers, toasters, coffee pots, refrigerators, and freezers
• Assures that resident’s diets are being followed
• Assures employees and resident guest meals are accounted for on a daily basis
• Reports to Culinary Service Director any loss, breakage, or waste of supplies and equipment
• Observes and communicates to Culinary Service Director problems or potential problems in the dietary department
• Ability to work with little or no supervision
• Ability to cook large quantities of food and deliver a superior product
• Ability to guide and instruct others in food preparation and food serving
• Ability to maintain professional demeanor under stress
• Serve Safe Certification Required
• Has a working knowledge of rules and regulations related to health and safety in food preparation.
• Knowledge of cooking times and temperatures essential in accordance to state guidelines
• Knowledge of various cuts of meat and seasonings
• Demonstrates ability in a wide range of food preparation and skills
• Experience in dealing with seniors and their dietary needs.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening including background check, drug screening and reference checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)