BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing great talent.
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Director, Field Human Resources is a positive leader who has a track record of achieving excellence through fostering strong relationships, delivering on priorities, problem-solving, building capability and leadership, and developing high-performing teams. This position is a key member of the HR Leadership team and is responsible to build, promote, leverage and support BJ's culture, values and brand across our field organization. You will strategically partner with business leaders to create best in class HR solutions to support current and future business goals and objectives, by driving team member engagement and retention, talent acquisition, people development, succession planning, performance management, organizational design, and workforce optimization.Responsibilities:
• Strategic HR
- Serve as a trusted, strategic partner to field business leaders to envision, direct and deploy strategic HR solutions. Understand the business challenges and partner with the business and HR centers of excellence to develop solutions related to team member engagement and retention, talent acquisition, people development, succession planning, performance management, organizational design, and workforce optimization that align with the overall company plans and strategic goals.
• Leading a Team
– Build and lead a high-performing team of talented and strategic Human Resources Business Partners throughout the geographic area of responsibility.
• Team Member Relations
- Develop and deploy preemptive positive Team Member relation strategies to include competitive pay practices, regular and consistent execution of Company recognition programs, and fair and consistent implementation of all company policies, procedures and programs. Ensure all appropriate Team Member relations programs are executed in the Field to support influencing, managing, and resolving complex team member relations issues. Work closely with HRBPs and field management teams to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. Minimize third party intervention by ensuring fair and consistent administration of all company policies, procedures and programs in the Clubs.
• Conflict Resolution
- Guide HRBPs through investigation of Team Member conflict, workplace violence, wage and hour, sexual harassment, harassment and discrimination complaints as well as any complaints filed with federal, state and local agencies. Collaborate with Legal Counsel to ensure best outcome and resolution.
• Data Analytics
- Analyze current business processes, HR trends and metrics to identify and develop necessary solutions, programs and policies in collaboration with business partners to drive continuous improvement.
• Change Management
- Drive and support organizational change. Design, collaborate upon, and oversee multiple, concurrent projects in support of business objectives.
– Maintain in-depth knowledge of company policies and employment law requirements to minimize legal risk and ensure regulatory compliance. Provide guidance and interpretation of HR policy. Ensure full compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, including but not limited to solicitation, ADA, record keeping, leaves of absence, safety, wage & hour and child labor.Requirements:
- 10+ years of Human Resources experience in a large, decentralized environment
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- Proven experience managing multiple priorities and projects across teams
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills – strong EQ
- Exceptional track record in getting things done through others
- Thorough understanding of the business
- Demonstrated ability to drive results through influence and effective change management
- Strong knowledge of HR functions; employee relations, staffing, compensation, benefits, organizational and leadership development, compliance
- Multi-unit experience
- Retail or relevant industry experience preferred
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data
- Ability to build and maintain trust-based, collaborative relationships and influence others
- Regular, predictable full attendance is essential
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. Nearest Major Market: