Regional Class A Driver
Eby Corporate (4010)
In general, the Regional Route Delivery Driver ("Driver") is responsible for providing coverage on delivery routes at locations across the region as needed. The Driver is responsible for scheduled daily delivery of the customers' orders, in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. They are also responsible for the collection of invoice receipts, checks and/or money payments due, generated from each delivery. The Route Delivery Driver reports directly to the Transportation Director.
This position requires extensive travel. The Regional Route Delivery Driver will travel as needed one of the Eby-Brown 10 distribution centers assisting as needed.
This position is eligible for a $6000 sign on bonus to be paid over the course of 18 months as well as an additional referral bonus of $6000 for any referrals.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
1. Responsible for holding a current, valid CDL Class "A" Operators license as well as maintaining a clear MVR report.
2. Responsible for the proper pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections, ensuring the safe driving condition for the equipment, self and general public motorist during the operation of the vehicle.
3. Responsible for the safe operation of the vehicle during the performance of the job duties. Obeying all Local, State, and Federal rules of the road, and all D.O.T. operating and recording procedures.
4. Responsible for knowing all D.O.T. and OSHA guidelines pertaining to HAZCOM/HAZMAT procedures and regulations.
5. Responsible for the general daily maintenance of the vehicle. ie: fueling; tire air pressure; all fluid levels; basic cleanliness of vehicle.
6. Responsible for knowing, understanding, and issuing credits and/or returns to the customer. In addition to obtaining the proper signatures and collections at the time of delivery.
7. Responsible for conducting daily face to face interaction with customers; there by, representing Eby-Brown in a friendly, competent, and professional manner.
8. Responsible to perform all other driving procedures as described in the Drivers Manual
Address Line 1
1415 W. Diehl Rd
Springfield, Ohio (OH)
Full Time / Part Time
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
• 1+ years commercial driving experience
• Foodservice distribution industry experience
• Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e. PeopleNet)
• Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e. POD)
• Customer service related work experience
Address Line 2
Vistar customers are everywhere people work, play and shop. Vistar is America's leading candy, snack and beverage distributor with over 25 distribution centers delivering everything from popcorn to healthy meal replacements anywhere in the United States. Our success is rooted in working closely with our suppliers and customers to stay ahead of the latest snacking trends. Vistar has thrived by innovating, exceeding customer expectations and fostering a collaborative culture built on teamwork, doing what's right, and giving back to the communities we do business in.
Eby-Brown is a leading national distributor to the convenience industry, delivering award-winning foodservice and merchandising, valuable technology, and indispensable insight to more than 10,000 c-store retailers across North America. At Eby-Brown, convenience distribution isn't just what we do, it's all we do. Headquartered in the suburbs of Chicago, we are one of the largest wholesalers in the industry, wholly-focused on convenience stores. Our service area encompasses 21 states, working from 10 distribution centers in Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
• High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
• Valid CDL A
• Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
• Must be 21 years of age
• Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
• Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
• Pass road test
• Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
• Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location
• 6-12 months of commercial driving experience
Click Here for Benefits Information
$34.00 per hour