At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking an Educational Counselor who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
- CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release.
- Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Educational Counselor provides academic and vocational guidance, and counsels inmates/residents to assist them in achieving more effective personal, social, educational and vocational development and adjustment. They will coordinate and administer mandated or standardized tests to evaluate inmate/student progress and determine program effectiveness. This role assists in maintaining student enrollment in the Education Department, and teaches as necessary.
- Collect, organize and analyze information about individuals through records, tests, interviews and professional sources, to appraise their interest, aptitudes, abilities and personality characteristics.
- Evaluate inmates/students to assist with vocational, and academic post-release planning, and to ensure enrollment in appropriate classes.
- Counsel inmates/students to assist them in defining goals, and planning and documenting a program of study reflecting their interests, abilities and needs.
- Administer Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) and evaluate test results to determine student enrollment in appropriate classes. Assess the accomplishments of inmates/students and maintains progress reports as required.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Education is required.
- A Master's degree in Education is preferred.
- Three years of experience in a full-time professional education position is required.
- A teaching licensure is preferred.
- Must possess or be eligible for certification, license or other credentials if required by contract and/or state of employment.
- Continued employment in this position will be contingent upon obtaining and/or maintaining required agency credentials.
- Experience in Microsoft Office or other similar software applications is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 20 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.
Posting ID: 620456029Posted: 2021-04-20Job Title: Educational Counselor