Flexibility.Creativity.Focus.M&T Realty Capital Corporation
is a full-service mortgage banking company that specializes in providing competitive financing nationwide for commercial properties, including multifamily, healthcare facilities, office, industrial, retail, and student, seniors, and military housing. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of M&T Bank—one of the 20 largest US headquartered commercial bank holding companies—and offer the following financing options:
Top Ten HUD Lender * Top Five Fannie Mae Green Lender * Top Five Fannie Mae Seniors LenderOverview:
- Fannie Mae DUS
- Freddie Mac Optigo
- FHA/HUD Healthcare
- FHA/HUD Multifamily
- Life insurance company
- Conduit (CMBS)
- Small Loan program
RCC Underwriter II specializing in either Agency Screening and Analysis, Agency Underwriting, FHA Map and Lean Underwriting, or Commercial Placement Underwriting. Primary Responsibilities:
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
- Position responsibilities include some or all of the following depending on product specialty:
- Analyze/Spread operating statements for multifamily or commercial loan transactions in accordance with specific investor guidelines.
- Responsible for accurate loan sizing and overall risk assessment prior to/or after application utilizing specific Investor underwriting guidelines and requirements.
- Interview prospective borrowers and property managers to obtain critical property, management, and borrower details for each transaction.
- Work closely with loan originators to help negotiate deal terms and resolve outstanding issues.
- Interact with respective Investor Representatives (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Life, HUD, etc) regarding loan transaction terms and waivers.
- Inspect property in accordance with Investor guidelines (travel required-national).
- Obtain and review all third party reports associated with each transaction as required by specific investor.
- Completion of underwriting narrative/committee package.
- Review of commitment letter and handoff to loan closing department.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Indirect management/mentor of Agency loan processors or Junior FHA underwriters assigned to the transaction. Education and Experience Required:
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience and 5 years underwriting experience or related experience to include completion of multifamily inspection training (or similar work experience and credit training) or in lieu of a degree a combined minimum of 9 years' higher education and/or work experience including a minimum of 5 years underwriting or related experience to include completion of multifamily inspection training (or similar work experience and credit training).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Proficiency Excel and Word programs.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Affordable Housing Specific: Experience with taxable, tax-exempt, and preservation product types.
- HUD Specific: MAP and/or Healthcare designations.
FHA MAP designation plus 232/LEAN certification desired. M&T Offers:
- Competitive salary + bonus
- FT work remote option
- Conferences and continuing education
- Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance
- Long & Short-Term Disability at no cost
- PTO + 11 paid holidays/PTO buy
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) with 5% match/Roth/Discretionary Employer Contribution
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Diversity & Inclusion Council
- 14 Resource Group charters with 69 chapters
- D&I Sponsorship Program
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Discounts
- Dress for your day!
Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America