The primary responsibility of the Restaurant General Manager is to provide excellent operations management. It is expected that the RGM will adhere to all Company standards, best practices, policies, and procedures including but not limited to guest services, food, and employee safety, employee relations and development, and financial objectives.
The Restaurant General Manager has primarily accountability for the operational and fiscal effectiveness of his/her restaurant. He/she serves as the informational source for the restaurant team; is responsible for 100% compliance of Company and government regulations including food and safety, Department of Labor, the full utilization of resources, maintaining product integrity, and the Company image held by the community. Secure the company assets with integrity including but not limited to company cash, equipment and inventory in accordance with company policy.
PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT – Recruit, train and develop successful RM, Shift Supervisor, and Crew Member candidates for the restaurant. Implement and utilize company-defined employee orientation program. Facilitate development and training plans for the restaurant team. Ensure a positive and motivating work environment is established and maintained.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS – Ensure performance reviews for the restaurant team are conducted in a timely and effective manner. Ensure ongoing feedback and use of constructive discipline and properly document employee performance. Establish accuracy and effectiveness of one-to-one communications and formal processes such as bulletin boards and postings. Ensure communication channels and problem resolution is available on all shifts. Develop a strong management team to provide all shift access and problem resolution. Escalates applicable matters to DM, RM or HR such as: performance issues, employment decisions, leaves, background checks, sexual harassment and other matters that substantiate their guidance and expertise to limit legal exposure. Ensure employee turnover is within Company standards.
SERVING THE CUSTOMER – Ensure restaurant meets Company guest standards. Lead the restaurant team by example to ensure 100% guest satisfaction 100% of the time. Deliver at or above company standards in “VOCs” and “Customer Mania” initiatives. Utilize BLAST when responding to guest complaints and empower the restaurant team to resolve guest complaints. Follow-up on guest complaints.
FINANCIALS – Manage all restaurant financial controllables and proper use of financial control systems. Systems include but not limited to: use of automated tracking systems, managing employee labor, overtime, food (ICOS), supplies within Company standards, conducting audits, cash management and making bank deposits per company standards. Maintain and protect all company assets.
OPERATIONS - Develops CORE behaviors and standards. Ensure compliance with all training standards; maintain operational updates and keep restaurant manuals up to date. Follow proper opening, closing, and safety and security procedures. Maintain cleanliness and preventive maintenance programs. Ensure compliance with all municipal, state and federal codes; health inspections and sanitation procedures. Utilize Food Safety Checklist and ensure all food safety procedures are followed to the standards set by the QA department. Communicate to the District Manager all operational variances and employee issues. Monitor deletions and over rings to ensure adherence to company standards.
COMPLIANCE - Complete employee and restaurant paperwork in a timely manner. Comply with and ensure execution of all company policies.
MARKETING - Implement and execute all marketing programs to their fullest. Recognize business generators and traffic patterns and plan shifts accordingly.
Restaurant Team – training, providing work direction and guidance, building trusting relationships.
Restaurant Management – providing operational reports and sharing/seeking advice on problem issues, discussing required repairs or preventative maintenance, establishing a credible relationship.
Venders - establishing and maintaining excellent relationships to ensure fair & accurate pricing, shipment. Strong customer relationships in building loyalty, protecting brand integrity, etc.
Represent the company in a positive manner.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Three (3) years of restaurant management experience, which includes P&L responsibility and proven experience managing all shifts without supervision.
• Advanced studies in business, restaurant management, or related field are preferred.
• Food safety certification according to state or local requirements.
• Reliable transportation and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance for positions that require driving: District Manager, General Manager, Assistant Manager and Shift Managers. In addition to reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance, District Managers and ASLs with positions requiring significant business driving must maintain an acceptable driving record (MVR).
• Personal Effectiveness - Takes personal ownership of tasks and responsibilities; handles constructive criticism with maturity; ability to operate under minimal direction and supervision self-motivated and self-directed. Persistent in the face of resistance or obstacles.
• Organization – Demonstrates discipline with excellent follow through attention to detail skills. Shows initiative and flexibility in managing multiple tasks.
• Collaborative – a “team player,” leads with an optimistic approach, building trust with employees and rapport with customers.
• Management Effectiveness – Leads by example; keeps the morale of the team high; communicates work direction and training information clearly and concisely; balances the needs of the store with development of team; motivates towards excellence. Pursues job problems quickly and decisively, requires minimal DM intervention but requests assistance when appropriate.
• Analytical - ability to read and analyze reports and count accurate inventory.