Firehouse Subs is a U.S.-based, fast casual restaurant chain founded in 1994 in Jacksonville, Florida by former firefighter brothers Chris Sorensen and Robin Sorensen. Firehouse Subs has opened over 1,180 restaurants in 46 states as well as Puerto Rico, Canada and non-traditional locations.Overview:
Firehouse Subs is looking for our next great General Manager!
This position is fully accountable for the profitable operation of a Firehouse Subs® Restaurant while adhering to all company guidelines and regulations. Hungry for a new job? Firehouse Subs is growing fast, and we are seeking a positive and energetic leader. We have a Commitment to and Passion for Hearty and Flavorful Food, Heartfelt Service, Public Safety…and hiring the best! Join our team and you’ll become part of a company that’s consistently rated among the best in the field of fast casual restaurants.
As the General Manager, you will:
- Ensure the restaurant is in full compliance to all local, state and federal regulations to include health regulations, hour and wage regulations, age restrictions, fair employment practices, ADA, OSHA and any other appropriate regulations required for the legal operation of the business.
- Ensure knowledge, adherence and enforcement of all Firehouse Subs® Policies and Procedures.
- Provide leadership to the restaurant team to consistently meet standards of superior guest service, quality and cleanliness while embracing the Firehouse Subs® “culture” of a cheerful and fun work environment and Firehouse Subs® beliefs and values to adhere to and grow the mission and vision.
- Ensure the profitability of business by operating within established guidelines and requirements for food cost, labor, controllable, utilities and sales growth.
- Coordinate and implement current operations game plans and company initiatives in a profitable and timely manner.
- Be accountable for the proper staffing of the restaurant with qualified personnel and employees who are trained and developed properly.
- Be accountable for the continuous training and development of the restaurant Assistant Manager and Shift Managers
- Actively participate in Local Restaurant Marketing in local trade area.
- Implement and promote all Public Safety Foundation initiatives.
- Ensure all required programs, reports and legal documents are accurate, complete and accomplished on schedule.
- Maintain awareness and participation in community affairs to take advantage of sales and public relations opportunities.
- Represent Firehouse Subs® in a professional, positive manner at all times.
- Communicate effectively to the GM/Owner any and all issues that may impact our business.
- Maintain restaurant equipment in full working order and communicates problems immediately to Owner.
- Any other duties assigned by the Owner.
- Possess a positive attitude, Be ready and willing to manage their team and serve customers, every day with a smile.
- Be able to hire, train and motivate a high performance team.
- Understand and be able to manage food and labor costs.
- Understand a Profit and Loss Statement and operate restaurant at maximum profitability.
- 1+ years of management experience
- Able to work on your feet for up to 13 hours at a time
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Open availability - ability to work weekends and some nights required
- Cash handling skills required
- Familiarity with Microsoft office required
- Top notch customer service skills
- Ability to lead and develop a strong team
Posting ID: 620641460Posted: 2021-05-11Job Title: General Manager